5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Primer Color?

Reaction score
My Ram has a little rust spot I want to touch up. But honestly, I don't know what color primer I should get with the kit. It offers white, black or red. I can't tell from looking at it, and if I sand it back to check, the scratchiness just makes it look white anyway.

My truck is Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl. I'm thinking white primer, but I hope someone here knows for certain.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Generally speaking, you want to use a shade that is close to your final color, simply for paint coverage. There's nothing wrong with white though, either. Just may take more paint to cover it. I would avoid black though, unless you are spraying a black vehicle. Whenever I paint something, I try to get close to the final color with the primer, without going too dark. So either red or white in your application.

Users who are viewing this thread