5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Payload Would a Loaded Ram SUV Have?

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My payload on a Limited with every option a 1500-based SUV could have, except a sunroof, is 1317#. So, maybe with a sunroof its 1250#. An SUV would have windows and glass over a trucks bed area, seats, etc...

Would a loaded one have a chance at 1000# of payload? Seems like one could be pretty limited as a tow vehicle for anyone heavy on the options? Is that why we haven't seen one?

Most full sized suvs I’ve seen (Tahoe, suburban, expedition) have higher payloads than the trucks they are based on. This noted the dry rear axle load is higher leaving a lower max tongue weight without overloading the RAWR.

That’s basically the Grand Wagoneer:

AD9C9357-ED19-4E05-A2A0-7EB5AC70A92C.png

Based off the Ram, just upped the GVWR to get a decent payload

My payload on a Limited with every option a 1500-based SUV could have, except a sunroof, is 1317#. So, maybe with a sunroof its 1250#. An SUV would have windows and glass over a trucks bed area, seats, etc...

Would a loaded one have a chance at 1000# of payload? Seems like one could be pretty limited as a tow vehicle for anyone heavy on the options? Is that why we haven't seen one?
Your Limited is a real heavy hauler compared to my Limited. With pretty much every weight adding option (Rambox, MFT, pano-sunroof) her payload is a scant 1046 lbs. Meaning it barely qualifies as a half ton pickup LOL. It's also got the 3.21 gearing so yeah. Good thing I never haul much or need to tow anything. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Can you please post a picture?

I’ve never seen a 4-door Wrangler with a payload sticker showing over 850 lbs

You are correct on the 850!!!

When we got the wrangler (2 days after the ram) I remember looking at that door frame sticker and being surprised that it was as high as 1300. Not sure what I saw or why my memory failed me so badly!
Wrangler at 850 is now disappointing me lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back