5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the impedence of the HK sub?

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know what the impedence of Voice Coil 1 of the factory HK sub is?

Anyone know what subwoofer voice coil 2 and voice coil three are for? Is this how the sub gets the ANC signal?

Finally, does anyone know if the HK amp under the driver's seat gets and amplifies the ANC signal? Or is there an ANC module that goes to the sub?

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Per an HK engineer who posted here, the sub is 1 voice coil rated for 6 ohms. This makes sense because there are only 2 wires that power the sub. The ANC signal is sent from the amplifier along with the signal for your music.

Reactions: cj7

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thx. Crutchfield docs noted 3 voice coils, incorrectly I see.
I wish we knew the OEM for the amp, so we could do our own config...
I was really hoping to parallel a new amp and keep the current one for ANC, but not sure that's possible.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm pretty positive ANC also goes through the 6x9 door speakers, because my in 2019 I felt like I was getting ANC feedback after replacing those speakers with Infinity, so I killed ANC entirely in that truck and it did seem a bit louder in terms of engine/exhaust noise.

In my 2020 I disabled ANC for my sub by bypassing the factory amp, but things are still pretty quiet because I left the factory 6x9s in the doors and kept ANC alive.

Users who are viewing this thread