5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is making this sound?

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, please check out this short clip and listen to the sound coming from the truck after I lock it. I've heard it before, but only just realized it was from truck! I'm not sure if its been doing this for a while, or just started doing it. It sounds like its coming from the rear wheel well, but I'm not certain. Any thoughts on what the heck this is??

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, please check out this short clip and listen to the sound coming from the truck after I lock it. I've heard it before, but only just realized it was from truck! I'm not sure if its been doing this for a while, or just started doing it. It sounds like its coming from the rear wheel well, but I'm not certain. Any thoughts on what the heck this is??

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere it’s the e-brake.

Rockyroad217

Reaction score
Im pretty sure it's the ebrake also. Mine is not set to automatically activate, but i have heard it activate still a couple of times but not every time

Cross88

Reaction score
That is 100% your ebrake, mine makes the same noise and so does my wife’s 2020 explorer with electronic ebrake.

Zeeya

Reaction score
I know on the settings you can set it to set brake each time you stop and shut engine off or disable feature and only use it when needed. I leave mine off and turn it on manually at boat ramp/when needed

TWRam

Reaction score
I had been meaning to ask this same question. I have only heard it twice now in the past few months that I have had the truck. I wonder why the parking brake actuates once in a while when I have it turned off in the controls? Interesting. Thanks for the clarification. I have been wondering what could possibly have an electronic actuator under the back of the truck. :)

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now that I know, might as well leave it on! Seven months on and I’m still learning about this truck and all it’s fancy gizmos ;)

Rockyroad217

Reaction score
I had been meaning to ask this same question. I have only heard it twice now in the past few months that I have had the truck. I wonder why the parking brake actuates once in a while when I have it turned off in the controls? Interesting. Thanks for the clarification. I have been wondering what could possibly have an electronic actuator under the back of the truck. :)
If you find out let me know, because mine has done it once that I've heard

Rockyroad217

Reaction score
It’s your electronic ebrake. Same sound on mine and my wife’s 2020 explorer st.
I know what it is. I was quoting where the other person said theirs has engaged a couple of times even with the auto engage disabled. Mine has done it also

Cross88

Reaction score
I know what it is. I was quoting where the other person said theirs has engaged a couple of times even with the auto engage disabled. Mine has done it also

Oo gotcha, my apologies, misread it. I had mine engaged at first but then turned it off but I actually engage it 8/10 when I park. I haven’t heard it engage by itself tho, that is pretty odd.

Users who are viewing this thread