5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you display on your dash Cluster?

Rich B.

Reaction score
Curious as to what most have picked to display in the 4 corners and dial displays in their dash cluster?

I have:
Top Left: Outside Temp
Top Right: Trip meter
Bottom Left: Oil pressure
Bottom right: Battery level
Right Dial: MPG (redundant to center display) can't decide what to change this to...
Left Dial: Menu
Center Display: Gas Mileage which shows current MPG and distance to empty.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have an OCD thing about showing the same info in two places so since you can get the time, temp, and compass on the 12", I do not display them on my gauge cluster.

TL: transmission temp
TR: Oil Temp
BL: Batt
BR: Oil pressure
Right: range
Left: menu (because they don't allow anything else useful there and blank means I could be seeing something there)
Center instant economy

I was using center as digital speedo but realized I was being lazy and had a perfectly good speedometer to the right. Still getting used to Ram's funky fonts, font sizing (not the same on every speed on Limited) and compressed range. Why couldn't they use more of the dial and space things out a bit more? I digress...

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really like this feature. Have changed it a couple times just to be different. Here is the current:

Attachments

• 4116508A-49CD-4E32-9A84-D3D234E30A7C.jpeg
    4116508A-49CD-4E32-9A84-D3D234E30A7C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 448

Cmoar

Reaction score
I can’t make up my mind, but here is what I have now. I didn’t think of some of the things you all have displayed. AF7E442A-F2F6-49E5-8B82-31785B1216F3.jpeg

kjn86

Reaction score
I have as follows:

Top Left: Compass
Top Right: Outside Temp
Right Dial: Disabled
Left Dial: Disabled
Center Display: Speed

Reasoning - First, I do not want anything to display that will cause me to lose focus on the road such as MPG, even average MPG. I used to have it and I was looking at it far too much. Second, I have no need for anything other than speed and compass really, but I left outside temp, oil, and battery there so it filled the blank spaces. I don't like that it's redundant to what is on the radio already, but I will live with it. Third, I really enjoy the center digital speed versus the right-oriented dial speedometer. Just preference. Last, anything like trip distance or distance to empty is just not pertinent to have on the main display. If I were doing a big road trip I would just use this as my center display. I can't see the utility in having it always accessible day to day.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have an OCD thing about showing the same info in two places so since you can get the time, temp, and compass on the 12", I do not display them on my gauge cluster.

TL: transmission temp
TR: Oil Temp
BL: Batt
Right: range
Left: menu (because they don't allow anything else useful there and blank means I could be seeing something there)
Center instant economy

I was using center as digital speedo but realized I was being lazy and had a perfectly good speedometer to the right. Still getting used to Ram's funky fonts, font sizing (not the same on every speed on Limited) and compressed range. Why couldn't they use more of the dial and space things out a bit more? I digress...

I was trying to get the Compass on the 12" screen and didn't see it in any of the options? Do you remember what menu screen it is under?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was trying to get the Compass on the 12" screen and didn't see it in any of the options? Do you remember what menu screen it is under?

Not an option. It's a permanent default on the bottom row icon. Phone always show signal strength & Nav always shows the compass heading. You just look at the Nav icon and it shows the compass heading.

Max Limited

Reaction score
You can display what gear the transmission is in. If selected it displays it on the right side of the PRNDL. When you use the "Gear Limit" button, that appears just to the right of this display. I love this as I can see exactly what gear the transmission is in and have learned at what speed the transmission shifts into the next gear.

knightro84

Reaction score
If I am remembering correctly:

Top left: range/distance to empty
Top right: trip a miles
Bottom left: current fuel economy
Bottom right: battery voltage
Center top: speedometer
Left dial: menu selections
Right dial: average fuel economy
Center: I use the vehicle information screen "gauge summary" that shows water temp, trans temp, oil temp, oil pressure

Outside temp, time, and compass are on the uConnect

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Because I fly Heli's, and I am always scanning my gauges during flight, I set up each corner to display all my temps and pressures. Top center is compass, center is digital speedo, right is range and left is avg MPG.

hasselfloff

Reaction score
TL: Compass
TR: Time
Center: Speedometer
BL: Oil Pressure
BR: Battery Voltage
Left: Menu
Right: Range

I'm still kind of playing around with it to see what I like exactly. One thing I did notice, however, that when I used CarPlay and have certain apps up, the time is hidden on the UC. So I added it to the cluster even though it is a little redundant.

Kidder

Reaction score
TL: compass
Top: clock
TR: Outside temp
BL: Trip
Left:menu
Right: Coolant temp

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
TL: Compass
TR: Time
Center: Speedometer
BL: Oil Pressure
BR: Battery Voltage
Left: Menu
Right: Range

I'm still kind of playing around with it to see what I like exactly. One thing I did notice, however, that when I used CarPlay and have certain apps up, the time is hidden on the UC. So I added it to the cluster even though it is a little redundant.
Not true in my case. It relocates the time from the top to the left hand side of the screen when I use CarPlay.

tacodude

Reaction score
How do you change what is displayed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not true in my case. It relocates the time from the top to the left hand side of the screen when I use CarPlay.
Correct. It’s a standard feature of CarPlay to show it in that position. But I did have to train myself to look there when using CarPlay after getting used to the standard UConnect position up top.

sandrinm68

Reaction score
Curious as to what most have picked to display in the 4 corners and dial displays in their dash cluster?

I have:
Top Left: Outside Temp
Top Right: Trip meter
Right Dial: MPG (redundant to center display) can't decide what to change this to...
Left Dial: Menu
Center Display: Gas Mileage which shows current MPG and distance to empty.

On the center display for gas mileage, anyone know what the number actually means? It’s different from the mpg on the trip odometer screen. Maybe a rolling average? If so, for what time period?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread