5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What CAI?

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What Cold Air Intakes has everyone installed and which sounds greatest?

I know some people install one then switch to another after a week or two - dont want that to happen with me.

I know it may not help with efficiency like the debate on another thread but im looking for more of a sound to go along with my 24" Magnaflow Muffler that I had installed but not break the bank either.

Any opinions that I can look into?

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I know some people install one then switch to another after a week or two - dont want that to happen with me.

I know it may not help with efficiency like the debate on another thread but im looking for more of a sound to go along with my 24" Magnaflow Muffler that I had installed but not break the bank either.

I got the aFe power Magnum cold air intake sounds great! I got videos of the in cab sound,test runs and a install video of it. It's on sale right now too.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfDkjyA9gDOuUGLrWanJkdA

SupremeWill

Reaction score
I went with the vararam. It has an amazing sound in my butt Dyno says it gives a great improvement.

I had a 2014 hemi that I tried four different ones on before I got the Veraram.

SupremeWill

Reaction score
Whatever you choose check with Moes Performance, Matt has great pricing and amazing customer service. Teel him Will sent you, Im a regular there.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I see the S&B is coming soon. I would be interested to see that does.

Not a lot of gains for the money but fill out under the hood and allow it to breath is a nice touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tgcarch

Reaction score

I also installed the afe power magnum, stage 2 CAI. Nice gain and sounds great!

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve heard great reviews on both afe stage2 and verama. The way the s&b is made looks to be a solid choice also. It probably won’t have the in cab growl of other 2 though being that it’s a sealed unit.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score

In theory, less restrictive intake louder exhaust can become. So you can always try the stock set up- filter delete mod with a drop in and that should loud up things some. Just a not break bank step, first before a big purchase. Just a thought.
Even with peeps doing just intake with stock exhaust. I’d bet that before and after sound checks at tail pipes are different. Not saying little or a lot, but a difference

NordicNevs

Reaction score
bump*

I am torn on Vararam and AFE Momentum. Been reading the Vararam seems "cheap" and makes it a PITA to change the oil

NordicNevs

Reaction score
The Veraram is great. I don't know why you would say it seem cheap.
And oil change is not a problem.

I came to that assumption base on watching the installation video and reading some general reviews. It’s an observation is all. Can you take some close up photos to include the oil change fill cap?

SupremeWill

Reaction score
I like the technical ability to know how to upload photos to this app. if you want it I can email you some directly or maybe somebody else can post some up

JK47TheWeapon

Reaction score
I came to that assumption base on watching the installation video and reading some general reviews. It’s an observation is all. Can you take some close up photos to include the oil change fill cap?

I installed mine this weekend. Took about an hour, with teaching my 12yo about engines and cutting the plastic trim.

You will need a long neck funnel for an oil change.

3DF0C25F-81EF-4BB0-90A5-FBFCB30118D7.jpeg

47DDEAF5-A8F6-42D1-B9A2-EBE6B8C45432.jpeg

JK47TheWeapon

Reaction score
Just FYI... its super easy to access your catch can with a veraram if you have one.

If you ever want to add an aux battery, vararam frees up a ton of passenger side engine space. I'm shooting for 2x 100Ah deep cycle batteries or more.

8E7B40AD-59BA-46A9-B504-91A51EB56DC2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread