5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Bed Cover? Why? Pics?

Jims380da

Reaction score
I am going with the roll n lock a or m series. I had one on my silverado and it was awesomely! Absolutely no water in the bed after a downpour or a car wash.
Hi, what's a M series? Looking for a rolling cover myself and was thinking a ReTrax

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
Hi, what's a M series? Looking for a rolling cover myself and was thinking a ReTrax

the m series has a vinyl cover over the slats and the aluminum series is the aluminum slats. My last truck had the m series, with the vinyl layer on the slats.

The_Dude

Reaction score
I bought the RDJ cover from Amazon. I have the 5'7" bed without Ram box. Fits pretty good and was the cheapest tri-fold hard cover available. I'll attach some pictures later.

Hallbag

Reaction score
I have the Undercover Ultraflex (bought from Truck Alterations, definitely use them for whatever you decide on). Been through two car washes and two bad rains. I get a few spots near tailgate so I need to weatherproof it like others have done, but literally only drips by the cab if anything. Looks sleek and retracts if I need full bed access.

C4A7A61C-167B-4D94-AB97-A1B5AFAE2FE7.jpeg 19115EF2-20BD-4DDC-B417-7346C526FCF0.jpeg 0B8E501D-CF2F-4EE2-AA95-2B4F03ED646F.jpeg

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
1593519483930.png
I have been thinking of updating my Extang Black Max snap cover with either a Lomax or a Truxedo Sentry CT. The Extang has been serving me well and realized this Sunday that the additional height provided by the bows of the Black Max (particularly the center of the bed) has bailed me out on at least 4 occasions. If I had a low profile cover I would not have been able to drive with the cover closed. The height in the bed with a cover seems to have been overlooked in the discussions of tonneau covers.
On another note today is the last day to purchase a Truxedo Sentry 15 and get a $100 rebate credit card. I'm running out of time to save a $100. In addition to reduced height I believe the rails of the Sentry stick into the bed 3" on each side while the Black Max reside on the top of the bed sides.
Pluses and minuses in all choices. 1593519483930.png

Users who are viewing this thread