5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you using to clean/shine your wheels?

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I use whatever shoots out of the jets and is stuck to the side spinning brushes at the car wash. That and a little brake dust works wonders!

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Magic eraser = bad idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah it’s literally like sand paper. Do not ever use that on your vehicle. It’s for cleaning things in your house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CatDaddy66

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I did not use it on the truck itself, I used it on the rims and I tested a small area first. I didn't see any scratches from my cleaning efforts.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yikes. Not seeing scratches doesn't mean you aren't damaging your finish. Strongly recommend you toss that idea.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I did not use it on the truck itself, I used it on the rims and I tested a small area first. I didn't see any scratches from my cleaning efforts.

Use the least abrasive method just because you can’t see them with a little test section doesn’t mean they don’t exist lighting plays its part. It all honesty unless your neglecting them most basic car wash soap and microfiber rag will get them cleaned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used Magic Eraser to get crayon off some old cabinets. There were no visible scratches as such. But it definitely dulled the finish.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
On an old car I used magic eraser to get an idk 10yr old stain off the leather seats haha. worked like a charm! But definitely dried out the leather. Hit it with some conditioner and the seat was fine after!

Loudram

Reaction score
I used a Magic Eraser on my black plastic trim on my last truck. Cleaned it up nice. Followed that up with some Mother's Back to Black. It looked new. But I agree keep it away from any painted surface.

As far as my chrome wheels now, I just use Meguiar's Hot Rims Wheel and Tire cleaner with a stiff brush on the tires. It's cheaper than most cleaners and works as good as any of them. Then glass cleaner on the rims after I dress the tires with Chemical Guys Tire Kicker tire shine.

On my '19 Classic with the OEM blacked out wheels I only used the Hot Rims then wiped them dry. They always looked good and easy to take care of.

Last edited:

Choate

Reaction score
Once the wheels are clean, I highly recommend Carpro Hydro2 to protect them.

Simple spay on spray off with water. So easy and so good. Lasts about 3 months or so.
I bought that stuff for my dad and he said it didn’t work. I tried it on my wheels and it definitely works. I recommend this method too. Beads water like no other and is super simple to use. Just have to clean your wheels first

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/