5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are these things attached to the frame rails?

RunsWithBeer

Reaction score
What is the function of these canisters on each side of the truck under the passenger section of the body?

I'm hoping they support an anti-grav flying mode that I can enable in Uconnect. Please tell me they do something cool.

1601484682924.png

antwon412

Reaction score
I believe those are part of the active noise canceling system that these trucks have.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are anti vibration modules for when the truck goes into cylinder deactivation mode.

The AVC sensor is attached to the AVC actuator mounting bracket and is not service separately from the actuator. The AVC actuator assemblies are mounted to the left and right sides of the vehicle frame behind the A-Pillars, under the driver and passenger door. The actuators produce anti-vibrations to reduce MDS vibrations between 1300 – 2300 RPM and are capable of an output of 90 N (20 Lbf) of force.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Think there's any harm in removing them? I disable MDS and my ANC has been removed, can't imagine they're doing much. I had them unplugged for a couple weeks while chasing down vibration gremlins ( :poop: Bridgestones). I didn't have any error messages, also the ride was the same plugged or unlugged. Can anyone confirm if these exist on the V6?

RunsWithBeer

Reaction score
They are anti vibration modules for when the truck goes into cylinder deactivation mode.

The AVC sensor is attached to the AVC actuator mounting bracket and is not service separately from the actuator. The AVC actuator assemblies are mounted to the left and right sides of the vehicle frame behind the A-Pillars, under the driver and passenger door. The actuators produce anti-vibrations to reduce MDS vibrations between 1300 – 2300 RPM and are capable of an output of 90 N (20 Lbf) of force.
By anti-vibration I assume that means those cans are creating out of phase vibrations to the frame rails to counteract the MDS. Wowzer.
So that means if we can control that puppy to create the proper out of phase inversion as we cross 88mph then some serious **** will happen.

RunsWithBeer

Reaction score
Think there's any harm in removing them? I disable MDS and my ANC has been removed, can't imagine they're doing much. I had them unplugged for a couple weeks while chasing down vibration gremlins ( :poop: Bridgestones). I didn't have any error messages, also the ride was the same plugged or unlugged. Can anyone confirm if these exist on the V6?
Don't do that... Make use of them... Convert them into magic fingers relaxation for your seats.

1601497038336.png

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

They are not on the V6's.

Users who are viewing this thread