5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are the biggest tires I can put on Stock 22 Laramie Sport? No level or lift, leaning towards Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Thanks!

Tilter

Reaction score
Title says it all :)

I love the look of the 22's but want more meat to avoid curbage and just have more grip and such. I know I could go to a smaller wheel, was thinking of the Rebel wheels, but I really do love those black 22's.

Thanks in advance!

stax199

Reaction score
Just put on terra grappler G2 305/45/22. No trim no lift no rub??

Attachments

• 83510E56-60D6-42AC-AE8B-06E7AF73ED71.jpeg
    83510E56-60D6-42AC-AE8B-06E7AF73ED71.jpeg
    203 KB · Views: 469

aametzger

Reaction score
I don't have the sport 22's, so I'm not sure how the stock 22's on my Limited compare (offset etc) but I put Nitto RG 305/45/22 and have minimal rubbing at full lock (in reverse) in normal suspension mode. I'm very confident that a slight adjustment of the fender well shroud would eliminate it, but it hasn't bothered me enough to even mess with it.

Last edited:

stax199

Reaction score
I don't have the sport 22's, so I'm not sure how the stock 22's on my Limited compare (offset etc) but I put Nitto RG 305/45/22 and have minimal rubbing at full lock (in reverse) in normal suspension mode. I'm very confident that a slight adjustment of the fender well shroud would eliminate it, but it hasn't bothered me enough to even mess with it.
Thanks I typo’d and meant on my 22 i have no rub with the G2 305/45/22.

Tilter

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. I really don’t want any rub at all. I guess I need to lift it but it’s a lease so not only am in unsure if I’m even allowed but i don’t want to waste money. I’m probably keeping it but who knows. My main intention is to protect against curb rash and improve the looks

stax199

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. I really don’t want any rub at all. I guess I need to lift it but it’s a lease so not only am in unsure if I’m even allowed but i don’t want to waste money. I’m probably keeping it but who knows. My main intention is to protect against curb rash and improve the looks
No rub with those 305/45/22 nittos .... stock no level or lift. Meatier side walls with the terra grappler G 2

aametzger

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. I really don’t want any rub at all. I guess I need to lift it but it’s a lease so not only am in unsure if I’m even allowed but I don’t want to waste money. I’m probably keeping it but who knows. My main intention is to protect against curb rash and improve the looks

Just to clarify the "rubbing" I am getting is not hitting anything solid, just the loose liner on the inside of the wheel well. A very little adjustment of the liner will resolve. Based on the other response with the Nitto TG vs my RG suggests it's just the extra knobs on the sidewall of the RG that is slightly rubbing. I will likely just heat up the liner and form it in a little and see what that does. Very minor, only when in Full Lock, in reverse. if I back off full lock by just a hair it stops rubbing. hope that helps

Vaught

Reaction score
This help??
stax - I'm ordering these tires after seeing your post! Can you post a photo of the "stance" on your tires? I'm wondering if I will need new spacers or if the tires line up flush with the fenders without spacers. Thanks!

stax199

Reaction score
stax - I'm ordering these tires after seeing your post! Can you post a photo of the "stance" on your tires? I'm wondering if I will need new spacers or if the tires line up flush with the fenders without spacers. Thanks!
with the nitto G2 305/45/22 no spacers needed.. it is flush maybe a pinch past the fenders IMG_1808.jpeg IMG_1809.jpeg

Last edited:

Doc33

Reaction score
anyone running 285/55/22 nitto G2? Pics would be nice

nilsd

Reaction score
Would be interested in seeing a 285 50/55 22 as well. Though I'm realizing now that a 305 offers the added benefit of a little extra side meat to protect the wheels from that stray curb that sneaks up every now and then.

J4U

Reaction score
Went with Dynapro AT2 RF11 305/45/22

Wanted a mix between mean and relaxed look but was surprised these lean toward the mean side. Hadn't seen them before and had some great feedback from people I've talked to.

Having them side by side when installing I wasn't sure they would fit, ha. Much bigger from OEM and adds 2MPH above what speedo says.

Short time running them and very happy with the ride and lack of noise.
0735bb1a470de9fa0402aa030af9ee48.jpg
297e3151de0ce726a5ff9d4d96582292.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread