5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are the 2 dials next to headlight switch?

Badbear0416

Reaction score
I know the dial switches next to head light swithces are usually dash dimmer and other interior lights and dimmer. Well at night I move dial up amd down both of them and nothing?
2024 ram 1500 gt

Ty

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I know the dial switches next to head light swithces are usually dash dimmer and other interior lights and dimmer. Well at night I move dial up amd down both of them and nothing?
2024 ram 1500 gt

Ty
One is for the dash and one is for the ambient lighting.

dajogejr

Reaction score
And…if you accidentally hit either with a swipe of your hand or your knee…it’ll drive you bonkers…:)

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, ambient and instrument panel.
- but -
Illumination is also modified by settings in UConnect, it's more complicated than it needs to be. It took a bit of fiddling to get mine driveable, and I don't remember the details.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Essentially, the right roller is your gauge/dash lights. Without your headlights on, you can turn it up until the soft stop, in will be full 100% bright.

However, if you turn on your wipers (like say in rain conditions) your driving lights automatically turn on, which will automatically make your dash lights 50% dim. This will make it hard to see during the day, then you can roll the switch past the soft stop until it clicks to full on. Your dash lights will be at 100% again even with the driving lights on. Don't worry, if you leave it on full click, it won't cause the dome light to stay on or drain anything. Not that leaving your dome (or visor) light on could, since it has a 10 minute timer after you lock your doors.

The left roller is your ambient light, if you don't have the full ambient light set, it will be nearly impossible to see this light during the day, it essentially points down to the cup holder and can only be seen in the dark.

Last edited:

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
I haven't opened my manual on most vehicles. Push buttons and see, or google works. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I unfortunately do that for a lot of things. I hate it when I am working on something and suddenly I think "You know, if I had taken out this one bolt first, I could have avoided taking half the parts off the car...."

Users who are viewing this thread