5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What am i doing wrong? USB stick cannot be read ?

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Ive tried two different 30GB sticks, one FAT32, one NTFS and loaded WMA music files on both. Although the existence of the usb stick is acknowledged by the system, Neither will work . "Media files not found" is the response. What am i doing wrong here ? Perhaps the system cannot open folders? I have songs grouped by artist folders. My Goldwing has no problem with this !
USB input 1 in the center stack will do the above, but usb 2 doesnt even do that. It acts dead. Both these are capable of Data and charge right ? I think all other usbs in the truck are charge only.
I cannot be the only one struggling with this !

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
well, its not the folders. I eliminated them and just had a list of songs. Nothing !

Anchor Down

Reaction score
You may have to format your USB stick first. Some come preformatted but look into it.

Gren71

Reaction score
did a google search and actually found a link to a thread on this forum.

Acceptable USB audio formats for new U connect

a quick browse looks like FAT32 should work, but give it a read and see. I saw a post last week elsewhere about the tomtom update that said using fat32 or rtfs(?) worked for that, perhaps it could work for music as well.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
did a google search and actually found a link to a thread on this forum.

Acceptable USB audio formats for new U connect

a quick browse looks like FAT32 should work, but give it a read and see. I saw a post last week elsewhere about the tomtom update that said using fat32 or rtfs(?) worked for that, perhaps it could work for music as well.
Thanks for that Gren, but nothing on there i have not tried. Convinced my media hub is bad after reading about many vehicles in the mopar family with the same issues that were rectified by replacing this hub.

Gren71

Reaction score
Thanks for that Gren, but nothing on there i have not tried. Convinced my media hub is bad after reading about many vehicles in the mopar family with the same issues that were rectified by replacing this hub.
well that stinks, hopefully its a warranty thing for you

ill be trying to do the tomtom update soon...hopefully I dont run into the same issue with my '23

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Finally got it to work. I realized after reading back over these pertinent threads, that i was the only one trying wma files. Loaded up some mp3 onto the usb stick and she works fine !
Ive got some converting to do :)
Wonder why it doesnt like wma ?

Users who are viewing this thread