5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What about Europe versions

con-cept

Reaction score
I live in Belgium.
I have a European Uconnect 5 version in my 2022 RAM which has a different Uconnect firmware (15.3 is current) that has less possibilities then US version (No DAB+, no WI-Fi, etc...). I also have a TomTom navigation system in the 12" Uconnect 5.
Should it be possible to change to US firmware and get all the features like also working with the Uconnect app and keep the TomTom with Europa maps?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I live in Belgium.
I have a European Uconnect 5 version in my 2022 RAM which has a different Uconnect firmware (15.3 is current) that has less possibilities then US version (No DAB+, no WI-Fi, etc...). I also have a TomTom navigation system in the 12" Uconnect 5.
Should it be possible to change to US firmware and get all the features like also working with the Uconnect app and keep the TomTom with Europa maps?
I mean I wouldn't use firmware from a different region. Who is to say they arent using different hardware. It's very common for electronics to use different hardware in different countries like in cell phones.
If you brick the unit, do you have a dealership who will re-flash it?

con-cept

Reaction score
I mean I wouldn't use firmware from a different region. Who is to say they arent using different hardware. It's very common for electronics to use different hardware in different countries like in cell phones.
If you brick the unit, do you have a dealership who will re-flash it?
I bought it at a dealership but if I break it will cost me for sure.
The only thing I can see is that the firmware (UC5_S23.15_NSE) in my unit is 6.69 Gig and the S26.15 is only 1.96 Gig (both zipped) and they both contain different files.
So what about WiFi, Uconnect app, DAB +, other stuff I can't think about for the moment. We pay for a 2022 1500 Longhorn in Europe almost 100K and get less for the buck.
It is truly an American vehicle because the power outlet plug is 110Volts.
They are sold at dealerships (AEC) for EU models and are converted someways in port of Antwerp. The other US imported ones go directly to the dealers who make some necessary modifications like fog light and EU NAVIGATION.
I would like to meet someone who can tell me the real story behind this.

Attachments

• Uconnect.jpg
    Uconnect.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
I'm also from Belgium and have an AEC vehicle too.

It came with version 23 but as I read here, version 26 is out so I want to see if the dealer can upgrade is as we don't have the wifi update function enabled in our EU uconnect 5 to donit ourselves. So strange indeed... Also the uconnect app for the smartphone doesn't work.

But what I did notice is, that I do not have any issues with the unit, compared to what I read here for months already on the forum.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm also from Belgium and have an AEC vehicle too.

It came with version 23 but as I read here, version 26 is out so I want to see if the dealer can upgrade is as we don't have the wifi update function enabled in our EU uconnect 5 to donit ourselves. So strange indeed... Also the uconnect app for the smartphone doesn't work.

But what I did notice is, that I do not have any issues with the unit, compared to what I read here for months already on the forum.
Uconnrct app is not for the 2022s. It's the Ram app.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
yes, this one:

even that doesn't work in the Export version of the Ram. It says that it is not available in my country.
So even if I will find the .apk file it will not work as we do not have the link with the car.
You're not missing much.
I think 100% of the things in the Ram app are paid subscriptions (we get a few months\years free for some of them in the states)

c43amg1998

Reaction score
yes, this one:

even that doesn't work in the Export version of the Ram. It says that it is not available in my country.
So even if I will find the .apk file it will not work as we do not have the link with the car.
The uconnect app actually works for my TRX in Europe but your mobile device has to connect with a U.S. IP address, so you need a VPN with a U.S. exit node.

Ladzret

Reaction score
i am from Germany and my 2023 RAM is from AEC.

i become only this..

Attachments

• nav.JPG
    nav.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 25

Users who are viewing this thread