5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Went to pick up my 2019 RAM Limited today and the drivers floor was soaked

NoRamForUconnect

Reaction score
Hi All,

I didn't take the truck and am debating taking it at all, dealer claims they know about the grommets and will fix them and replace the carpets?

Looking for a list of other possible issues I should check before taking the truck?

Thanks in advance for the help

VinnyRam

Reaction score
Does it has a moonroof ? I wouldn't take it neither. Sorry to hear....

RenoRam

Reaction score
That sucks. I was picking up mine which was a dealer trade and they thought I would accept what they brought because the price was similar but a different VIN and from a different dealer along with different equipment. Turned it down flat even when they dropped the price by $2k. If it isnt up to your standards you are right to not accept. Keep us posted!

molonlabe

Reaction score
To put your mind to ease a bit, just after my warranty expired my truck started smelling really musty to the point my wife didn't want to ride in it. In looking for the problem I did find some wet carpet after a rain and took it into the dealer. They ended up finding and fixing the the problem and replacing all the carpet. Instead of charging me for it, the dealer called up Ram to see if they would pay for it even though it was just beyond the warranty and they agreed. My wife was really worried that it would forever stink when the smell still lingered slightly after the dealer visit but it's been good for the last 2.5 years since that happened. Now you'd never know that I ever had that issue and it sounds like your issue never progressed to the stage of my problem.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi All,

I didn't take the truck and am debating taking it at all, dealer claims they know about the grommets and will fix them and replace the carpets?

Looking for a list of other possible issues I should check before taking the truck?

Thanks in advance for the help
highly doubt they will replace the carpeting. They maybe will replace the matts doubt that too prolly will just let it dry out. I would not accept the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread