5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird stuff by spark plugs

rickey55

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this before? It looks like corrosion but my Rebel is less than 2 years old so I’m not sure what it would be

Attachments

• IMG_1334.jpeg
    IMG_1334.jpeg
    256.7 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1333.jpeg
    IMG_1333.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1332.jpeg
    IMG_1332.jpeg
    236.1 KB · Views: 118

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
that almost looks like electrolysis. especially the middle picture. but I would not know why the plastic parts are covered in it.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like mud that has splashed up between the radiator and engine then dried on your engine.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looks like dried mud splatter to me. Time to wash your engine.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I first saw the photos I though we were being punked.

Kind of like:
Has anyone seen anything like the photos below? It's like the windshield is leaking some gooey substance while driving down the road. If I use the washers some of the goo cleans off but some just smears across the windshield. Nothing leaked all winter, but now it's getting bad and is worse at night in rural areas while at highway speeds.

w1.jpg
w2.jpg

If you don't remember driving through sloppy mud, I would talk to your teenage kids or maybe see if you are sleep walking at night.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
When I first saw the photos I though we were being punked.

Kind of like:
Has anyone seen anything like the photos below? It's like the windshield is leaking some gooey substance while driving down the road. If I use the washers some of the goo cleans off but some just smears across the windshield. Nothing leaked all winter, but now it's getting bad and is worse at night in rural areas while at highway speeds.

View attachment 183151
View attachment 183152

If you don't remember driving through sloppy mud, I would talk to your teenage kids or maybe see if you are sleep walking at night.
thats what my windshield looks like all the time. I drive through farm country to and from work. lots of bugs at dawn and dusk.

rickey55

Reaction score
I was able to blow most of it off and it definitely is not dirt. Almost like spray foam. Call dealer?

IMG_1351.jpeg IMG_1354.jpeg IMG_1353.jpeg

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score
I agree, looks like blown/sprayed foam insulation. Maybe some factory overspray? Not sure if that would be from the hood or firewall area. I
would also expect that to be applied before dropping the engine/transmission into the frame.
Just a WAG.

BlueHemi1500

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score
I agree, looks like blown/sprayed foam insulation. Maybe some factory overspray? Not sure if that would be from the hood or firewall area. I
would also expect that to be applied before dropping the engine/transmission into the frame.
Just a WAG.

BlueHemi1500

I was able to blow most of it off and it definitely is not dirt. Almost like spray foam. Call dealer?

View attachment 183280 View attachment 183281 View attachment 183282

Users who are viewing this thread