5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird noise at low RPM’s

Drewsturm

Reaction score
Hello,

I just bought a 2019 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport.

I am noticing the truck doesn’t seem to downshift as quickly as I would expect. For example I’ll be in 7th gear at 40mph. I don’t necessarily have a problem with this, I just assume it has to do with eco mode.

The problem is at around 1100 rpm’s when I get back on the gas it makes a weird sound for a few seconds until the rpm’s are back up. It partially sounds like exhaust build up but it also sounds transmission noise.

I’m not sure if this is harmful to the truck, if it just needs a tune for the when it should shift, exhaust leak ect…

(For reference I had another 2019 ram hemi for the last 3 years before that didn’t do this)

Any help is appreciated!

Hello,

I just bought a 2019 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport.

I am noticing the truck doesn’t seem to downshift as quickly as I would expect. For example I’ll be in 7th gear at 40mph. I don’t necessarily have a problem with this, I just assume it has to do with eco mode.

The problem is at around 1100 rpm’s when I get back on the gas it makes a weird sound for a few seconds until the rpm’s are back up. It partially sounds like exhaust build up but it also sounds transmission noise.

I’m not sure if this is harmful to the truck, if it just needs a tune for the when it should shift, exhaust leak ect…

(For reference I had another 2019 ram hemi for the last 3 years before that didn’t do this)

Any help is appreciated!
What does it sound like/shift with the ECO disabled? Record it and post a link to you tube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back