5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

weatherTech TechLiner install...

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So after dealing with a crappy Herculiner that started peeling with light use...I decided to install the TechLiner made by weatherTech. It seems to be a pretty good quality for the price....I wouldn't follow the directions next time though lol. If anyone has any questions about install I'd gladly answer to help others avoid frustration...
I'll post pics below...

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks good. How quick and easy or difficult were install?
Thanks! It was actually pretty easy. The most time consuming parts were just the washing and waiting for the bed to dry...and then keeping the mat lined up while "gluing" the Velcro tabs to the bed (since they needed to be attached to the spray on bed liner). The priming glue they provided worked...but dried way faster than I would've liked. If you're installing this without a spray-on type liner already on the bed you won't need the "primer" which will make it easier.
But working on one side of the mat then flipping it over and working on the other side after seemed to make a huge difference over following the directions lol.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh..and don't discard any factory plastic washers like the directions tell you to...that would cause potential rusting problems later down the line.

sweatstang

Reaction score
So after dealing with a crappy Herculiner that started peeling with light use...I decided to install the TechLiner made by weatherTech. It seems to be a pretty good quality for the price....I wouldn't follow the directions next time though lol. If anyone has any questions about install I'd gladly answer to help others avoid frustration...
I'll post pics below...

How to you like the TechLiner now that you’ve had it for a couple months? I’m considering one for my Ram.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How to you like the TechLiner now that you’ve had it for a couple months? I’m considering one for my Ram.
Actually I like it better than when I first installed it. We picked up a very heavy hutch/entertainment stand for our big bearded dragon cage recently. I saw how it kind of dug into the liner....if I didn't have the weatherTech in...the hutch wouldn't dug right through my spray on liner and into the metal of the bed. Very happy with it!

Users who are viewing this thread