5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weathertech HP FloorLiner Kit

BassetHound

Reaction score
I was unhappy with the new mats that came in my 2022 Limited so I decided to upgrade. I have owned Weathertech standard mats in most of my vehicles. While I dislike the eventual curling, I have grown used to it as an upgrade in protection. This round I read about their new HP line which is a rubberized plastic, which I guess was more like the Husky brand. I looked at the Husky brand but ultimately decided to try the Weathertech due to my history with them. I will say, they feel very much like rubber and are extremly fexible. They clearly cover more which was my concern, particularly since I wore through the carpet on my last Ram right under the driver seat from my foot placement. Now for my two gripe so far. The first is that the floor clips seems slightly narrower than the actual clips. Took a bit more effort than I think it should have. The second is that they are dust magnets. The soft rubber like feel really attracts it. All in all, very pleased with the purchase so far.

Attachments

• 2022-02-19 12.54.58.jpg
    2022-02-19 12.54.58.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 2022-02-19 12.58.38.jpg
    2022-02-19 12.58.38.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 2022-02-19 12.56.23.jpg
    2022-02-19 12.56.23.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 2022-02-19 12.55.39.jpg
    2022-02-19 12.55.39.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 84
  • 2022-02-19 13.10.59.jpg
    2022-02-19 13.10.59.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 2022-02-19 13.09.22.jpg
    2022-02-19 13.09.22.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 2022-02-19 12.55.14.jpg
    2022-02-19 12.55.14.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 2022-02-19 13.07.44.jpg
    2022-02-19 13.07.44.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 2022-02-19 13.04.58.jpg
    2022-02-19 13.04.58.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 88

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
There are lots of aftermarket choices, as well as the Mopar all-weather floor mats. I went with the Mopar mats for my Limited. Very good coverage, and are very pliant and won't curl like WT original floor mats. My only beef with them is they don't cover the door sill area, so you can get grime between the floor mat and door sill. But I'm very happy with my choice.

I like how the factory Limited mats look and feel. The carpeted section is removable for wet weather use. But they are not meant for all-weather use. That's what the Mopar all-weather mats are for. I'll probably just hang onto the factory mats for when I trade or sell my truck in the future. Brand-new looking floor mats can do wonders for a vehicle's value.

Nova90

Reaction score
I used to be a Weathertech guy for years as well. Similarly, switched to Husky Liners X-Act Contours in my 2017 Ram due to the curling issues you mention with the Weathertechs. The Huskys had been awesome as they are more of a rubber material and didn't seem as cheaply made. The quality of the Weathertech seemed to really deteriorate since their initial introduction. I had a 2009 Porsche Cayenne and those Weathertechs held up perfectly until the time that I sold it in 2020....over 11 years! My last set of Weathertechs in my wife's 2015 Explorer Sport looked like crap after less than 3 years with the curling. Perhaps these new Weathertech versions will be better. When I ordered my Rebel, I bought a set of Huskys before I even took delivery of the truck. The Rebel came with the OEM all weather mats which I have really been happy with. I returned the Huskys and stuck with the OEM all weather mats.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree the OEM all weather mats are great. However, on my Durango, I have Weathertech mats. In fact, I took out the factory carpeted mats and put in the Weathertechs before my wife and I even left the dealership. It was December, 2017 and in Buffalo, New York we attract a few flakes (of snow, that is). I do not have a curling problem (for you Canadian members) but I find I cannot get the mats totally clean. I remove the mats from the vehicle, put them in the laundry room tub and scrub them with some detergent and a brush. After rinsing, I towel them off. But, when fully dry, I find dirt residue in little corner areas. I have tried cleaning a second or third time especially in those areas but some dirt always remains. It is like the plastic material just holds the dirt.

Nova90

Reaction score
I agree the OEM all weather mats are great. However, on my Durango, I have Weathertech mats. In fact, I took out the factory carpeted mats and put in the Weathertechs before my wife and I even left the dealership. It was December, 2017 and in Buffalo, New York we attract a few flakes (of snow, that is). I do not have a curling problem (for you Canadian members) but I find I cannot get the mats totally clean. I remove the mats from the vehicle, put them in the laundry room tub and scrub them with some detergent and a brush. After rinsing, I towel them off. But, when fully dry, I find dirt residue in little corner areas. I have tried cleaning a second or third time especially in those areas but some dirt always remains. It is like the plastic material just holds the dirt.
Same experience, since the Weathertechs are more like a hard plastic type of material, the dirt seems to get forever trapped in the surface.

robkten

Reaction score
I was unhappy with the new mats that came in my 2022 Limited so I decided to upgrade. I have owned Weathertech standard mats in most of my vehicles. While I dislike the eventual curling, I have grown used to it as an upgrade in protection. This round I read about their new HP line which is a rubberized plastic, which I guess was more like the Husky brand. I looked at the Husky brand but ultimately decided to try the Weathertech due to my history with them. I will say, they feel very much like rubber and are extremly fexible. They clearly cover more which was my concern, particularly since I wore through the carpet on my last Ram right under the driver seat from my foot placement. Now for my two gripe so far. The first is that the floor clips seems slightly narrower than the actual clips. Took a bit more effort than I think it should have. The second is that they are dust magnets. The soft rubber like feel really attracts it. All in all, very pleased with the purchase so far.
On a WeatherTech customer service side, I contacted them as the mats my dealer provided (from previous owner) were missing the grommets that attach the mats to the floor on the drivers side. I asked if I could buy the grommets, instead they're sending me the new HP fronts as a courtesy. Looking forward to trying them out. I've owned MaxLiner (nearly identical to WeatherTech) and WeatherTech for all my vehicles, I like the changeup in the appearance.

Also from Buffalo, NY (I live near OP). I can never clean the WeatherTechs to my standards. I had an '18 RAM a few years ago and just picked up a used '19 Big Horn. I've had the truck a week and the WeatherTechs that came with the truck are already gross.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
I used Weather Tech for a long time but was always frustrated with how difficult they are to clean. Seems like they never get back to normal after the first muddy footprint. I tried LasFit liners in my current truck and they're great. They clean easy and they're the most affordable option I found for a full liner.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi Robkten. Welcome to the forum. Always nice to have a fellow Western New Yorker! Did you purchase your Ram from West-Herr or Transitowne?

Accessory.Parts

Reaction score
The biggest improvement I liked on the HP Liners is instead of having the little Weathertech Badge in the rectangle that seemed to always pop out on every vehicle that seen any regular use was replaced with a molded in Weathertech branding

robkten

Reaction score
Hi Robkten. Welcome to the forum. Always nice to have a fellow Western New Yorker! Did you purchase your Ram from West-Herr or Transitowne?
Thank you! Very appropriate I would find your profile in a discussion about mats lol.

I bought both of my Rams from West Herr. The second one was used and was from the East Aurora location.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very good. I have been buying vehicles from West-Herr for many years now.

Users who are viewing this thread