5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weather Map

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the weather map on your 12 inch Uconnect System update?

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I apologize for posting this, I should have contacted Ram first. But after talking to RamCare folks, it turns out that the radio is not capable of weather map updates. Bummer!

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
I apologize for posting this, I should have contacted Ram first. But after talking to RamCare folks, it turns out that the radio is not capable of weather map updates. Bummer!
All is good, in fact I was wondering myself. We had had 2 hurricanes this fall and I would get these "urgent, Hurricane forecast" pop up at random times on the uconnect.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Not sure I understand the question. Mine updates according to weather conditions.

W9MCP

Reaction score
If your TravelLink is active and the fuel prices and forecasts and such update but the radar map does not, call the Sirius number that is listed on the screen when you go to subscriber info and have them refresh the radio (or better yet, ask them to do so but also text you a link so you can do it yourself from your cell). Make sure no Bluetooth devices are connected as it will interfere (I just disabled BT completely on my iPhone for the duration, rather than trying to just disconnect that 1 device). It can require a solid 20-30 minutes of clear sky time, so if you have a long commute without tunnels, that’s a great time. My commute is 32 miles, and I had no issues and my radar, storm fronts, and weather alerts all work fine.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If your TravelLink is active and the fuel prices and forecasts and such update but the radar map does not, call the Sirius number that is listed on the screen when you go to subscriber info and have them refresh the radio (or better yet, ask them to do so but also text you a link so you can do it yourself from your cell). Make sure no Bluetooth devices are connected as it will interfere (I just disabled BT completely on my iPhone for the duration, rather than trying to just disconnect that 1 device). It can require a solid 20-30 minutes of clear sky time, so if you have a long commute without tunnels, that’s a great time. My commute is 32 miles, and I had no issues and my radar, storm fronts, and weather alerts all work fine.

To be clear, you are stating that the “weather map” screen is updating, showing rain, for example. I have attached picture of screen to be sure we are talking about same item.

Attachments

• 2B78FC32-ED3A-48A7-89A0-377E32489041.jpeg
    2B78FC32-ED3A-48A7-89A0-377E32489041.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 83

echristi

Reaction score
Are your weather alerts from the area you are in, or up to 50 miles or so away? I live in NH, and get alerts from Connecticut to Maine... but never for NH where I am

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The weather map (radar) takes a while for the rain to actually show on the screen. For some reason it takes a lot longer than with Ford. The rain coverage once it appears is very pixelized, if there's such a word.... I do get the severe weather alerts that pretty much duplicate what I get on my phone weather apps.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Okay, hope to tie this thread up. Made a nice long trip this weekend, and "like magic" I got weather radar! So, everything is good. Thanks for all the input. Maybe, SirrusXM and Ram Care will read this thread. There spokes persons gave me bad information.( See earlier posts.

W9MCP

Reaction score
I do get radar and weather front info, and right now my area is under a series of alerts due to ice coming in tonight. They are popping up on the screen along with the red ‘weather alert’ icon and are appropriate for the area I’m in (ie, the county I’m in and those adjacent).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread