5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waze sound directions USB CarPlay

lynnray4

Reaction score
When I plug my phone in via USB I can listen to music, see Waze map on screen but there is no voice directions. When you expect your next turn the music mutes but no voice is heard.

Bigstraus30

Reaction score
believe there is a setting in waze as to where the audio comes from, change it to Bluetooth and you should be good

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I plug my phone in via USB I can listen to music, see Waze map on screen but there is no voice directions. When you expect your next turn the music mutes but no voice is heard.

Did you check the Waze setting to ensure all the sound function is checked? Also the volume could be to be turn all the way down(mute), only way to fixed it to turn the volume up as soon as any Waze alert pop up on screen, happen to me once before and that's how it fixed.

TheGRam

Reaction score
I had the same problem and it was the navigation volume. There are several volume options and I wasn't able to find a separate screen to adjust them. Next time the music pauses, crank the volume up some more and see if the Nav icon is showing in the volume bar. If it is, then you are adjusting the Nav volume and can tell where it currently is set and can continue to adjust it during the silence. I find it odd that the different volume options aren't reachable through one screen. This drove me nuts for about 3 rides before I finally figured this out.

TheGRam

Reaction score
I should have said to crank the volume up on the RADIO, not your phone or Waze or anything like that. Literally turn the volume knob up or press the buttons on the back of the steering wheel.

lynnray4

Reaction score
I had the same problem and it was the navigation volume. There are several volume options and I wasn't able to find a separate screen to adjust them. Next time the music pauses, crank the volume up some more and see if the Nav icon is showing in the volume bar. If it is, then you are adjusting the Nav volume and can tell where it currently is set and can continue to adjust it during the silence. I find it odd that the different volume options aren't reachable through one screen. This drove me nuts for about 3 rides before I finally figured this out.
Well that worked. I would have never figured that out. Thanks so much!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Agree with others. It’s a setting on Waze.
I forgot which, but since changing it, I get police alerts, etc. Even when waze is not on the main screen.

Users who are viewing this thread