5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water spots on brand new truck

Ram21

Reaction score
I've a 2021 1500 Limited I just picked up last weekend from out of state and when I got home and washed it the next day I noticed what looks like dried water spots on the tailgate only (seemingly). Patriot Blue color.
Tried a quick clay bar on one area to see if it would come off and no, might be under the clear coat.
What if anything can I try or should I just bring it into my local Ram dealer for warranty repair?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just in case, try using a 50/50 mix of white vinegar and water, spray it on and wipe it off with a microfiber towel. Sometimes even clay bar won't remove water spots. It should come off pretty easy. After that, wash the area you sprayed and apply a wax or whatever your favorite sealant.

If it doesn't come off and absolutely under the clear coat, then yeah, you need to work with the dealer.

Chuck19

Reaction score
Try this

I have used this stuff on extreme etched in water spots from water with high mineral and bicarb levels. If this doesn’t get it off it’s under the clear.

aodetailnj

Reaction score
CarPro Spotless is a fantastic water spot remover. Just be sure you’re not using it in high temps (it’s December, you’re fine) or direct sunlight. Rinse extremely well after using and protect the area with your favorite wax/sealant/coating after

Users who are viewing this thread