5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water pump pulley squeal. Back ordered part

Wreckm

Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble locating a water pump from dealer? My truck has been at the dealership for 3+ weeks waiting for a water pump. I spoke to the service advisor and he let me know they are back ordered with unknown date of receiving one.
2020 ram rebel 35800 miles

Rebel_driver

Reaction score
I had a squeaky water pump on my Ecodiesel earlier this year (40,000 kms)
No issue other than noise
Waited about 8 weeks or so for it to arrive
Was swapped out, no issues.
Not sure if Hemi pump is different.
Hope this helps.

Wreckm

Reaction score
Dealer got a water pump in. Took about 28 Days. Picked up the truck after they test drove and just to find out after popping the hood that the pulley is wobbling crazier than ever. Went back and showed the service advisor. Ordered a new pump again :cry:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dealer got a water pump in. Took about 28 Days. Picked up the truck after they test drove and just to find out after popping the hood that the pulley is wobbling crazier than ever. Went back and showed the service advisor. Ordered a new pump again :cry:
Are their aftermarket water pumps available through parts stores?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes aftermarket is available but i would rather wait for a Mopar pump.
GMB is good quality. I wouldn't hesitate to run them. And obviously there is some quality issues with the Mopar pump, hence needing to replace the brand new one

Rock Auto also shows the Mopar one as being available, but I can't verify

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221107-140738.png
    Screenshot_20221107-140738.png
    221.1 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread