5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watching Netflix, etc. on UConnect.....

Boyvan

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am an unpaid Chauffeur for my kids. Taking them to different activities, etc and just waiting for an hour or two. So have been searching on how to watch Netflix, YouTube and came across many wireless adapters. The more I search the more people have said that its waste of money because the connection is crappy and it disconnects.

So just wanted to see what you guys use? I was thinking of Magic Box but is expensive, so just wondering if its worth it? Or perhaps I should just carry iPad in the car instead.

Thanks,

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You will need to tether internet to it or pay for a sim card anyways.
Also on the 12 inch screen, you can't watch normal sized videos so you can only have it on the top or bottom (or middle) due to the aspect ratio and being angled portrait and not landscape like every other TV in the world. It's also hard for the kids to see in the back seats due to the angle of the screen and how far up it is.

If you have an ipad it might be a better option, depending on the size it can fit in the rear cupholders in the center console of the front seats. they also make holders that hang off the rear of the front seats.

https://www.amazon.com/Android-Multimedia-Adapter-Wireless-Navigation/dp/B0BLYZQYLB should work fine and you can return it if it sucks.
It does have an SD card slot, but at least on mine (another KSPIV product) the SD card keeps getting dismounted so unable to read videos and party them. I bought mine as a party trick, and it does work but I never use it.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tablet would probably be the best option. If you don't want to leave an expensive Ipad in your truck you can get an 8 inch Fire tablet for about $65 or a 10 inch for a little over $100.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ipad mini or any samsung tablet would be the better way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The rear cup holders in the front center console have a slot running through them and will hold a tablet.

Boyvan

Reaction score
Thank you all......I was more focused towards UConnect connection and didn't think about cheaper Tablet options. I guess I can buy one for under $100 and just keep it in the vehicle (y)

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m taking a fairly long road trip this spring break and planning on gettin gone of these for me and the Mrs’s.

IMG_7213.jpeg

arabellasteve

Reaction score
I've heard mixed reviews too, with some folks swearing by them and others saying they're unreliable. The Magic Box sounds fancy, but yeah, the price tag is a bit steep.

Boyvan

Reaction score
Update: I bought "Teeran CarPlay Wireless Adapter" for approx. $60 (Canadian). I was skeptical at first but bought it anyways. I have had it for almost a month and so far love it and it is convenient. Doesnt have YouTube, Netflix, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread