5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warm up piston slap?

mopar mark

Reaction score
mine has the same knocking sound , took it to the dealer. Was told 3 different techs looked at it and found nothing wrong.

Snekpete

Reaction score
This is a cold start with two broken manifold bolts, it quiets down after idling about 3 minutes.

edit: not sure why hitting the play button comes up with an error, seems to play fine when I hit the "watch on you-tube"
At 14 seconds oil is running down. WTF?

mopar mark

Reaction score
you can really hear mine once it reaches operating temperature, truck has 36,000km all highway

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
you can really hear mine once it reaches operating temperature, truck has 36,000km all highway

Many guys on the other forum are running Redline 5w-30 to control/remove ticking. Apparently about an 80% success rate if the noise you are hearing is lifter tick and not something else.

dork17

Reaction score
here are two videos of mine from a week or so ago. Been to dealers several times. I either get told it sounds normal or they couldn't reproduce the sound. My powertrain ran out in September. Only have 50k on the truck. Don't know what to do.

Hey Haully, wondering if you had any revelations on this issue. I had to have a manifold replaced, but it unfortunately didnt fix this sound that you & I have. Disappointing to say the least, not susre why I had my hopes up!

Users who are viewing this thread