5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volume Speed Adjust Is The ONLY Way To Get Max System Volume

ImageX

Reaction score
I have had the speed adjust turned off since I bought my truck. I'll have to try that.

Yeah, try it out. Just use a clean source such as one of your better sounding CDs. Otherwise, you may not get the volume all the way up while it still staying clean. Distortion is what ruins sound... and eardrums. Just a FYI, but you’d be surprised but with clean audio cranked way way up.... you can still hear and hold a conversation at a completely normal level with someone else in the truck.... while the system is jamming loudly. That’s not normal of course but is absolutely true.

barr0208

Reaction score
big improvement from my 2016 8.4 alpine. they must have upgraded the dash speakers because they have way better highs.i have run mine at 25 and it does not distort running my mp3s on my usb stick.and there is more room but after 25 it gets pretty loud lol.

lunchboxphil

Reaction score
My problem with this isn't the volume, but the quality. Without loudness on and speed adj set to 3, their is just no punch. I have replaced all 6 of my speakers and they sound great, as long as I have those set. I don't suppose anyone has any ideas to have it where the amp is pushing wattage to simulate max speed adj at all times and can simply control the volume with the knob(what a concept).

Users who are viewing this thread