5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volume is all of a sudden lower...

PeteyK49

Reaction score
Hey, I have 2019 ram with the basic 8.4 uconnect radio. All of a sudden the volume gets half as loud as it was when playing music thru my phone. It doesn’t matter if I’m plugged in or using Bluetooth. Spotify or Pandora. But, the Sirius radio gets as loud as normal. What changed? When the problem started, I drove thru a car wash and went to crank up the tunes on my way home and it wasn’t working like normal. Not sure that would have anything to do with it. I thought the ANC was glitching but it works fine with Sirius... any thoughts?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
See if you can turn up the phone volume (on the phone itself) while you’re playing something...sounds like it’s the phone output that has changed. I had that happen to me once with CarPlay, and it was simply a phone volume issue.

PeteyK49

Reaction score
See if you can turn up the phone volume (on the phone itself) while you’re playing something...sounds like it’s the phone output that has changed. I had that happen to me once with CarPlay, and it was simply a phone volume issue.
It doesn’t make a difference. I have the volume all the way up on my iPhone 12 Pro Max. I’m wondering wth happened haha. I’m not used to this new tech... my old truck was 2007 f150 xlt with a Sony headunit with CarPlay . Nothing fancy but had no issues with volume from my phone

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had the same issue with mine but is intermittent.

Do you have the speed adjust volume turned on (1, 2, or 3)? I turned mine off and it has only happened once since I did that.

Users who are viewing this thread