5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Voice texting

JayHa23

Reaction score
I just got my 2019 Ram with the Laramie package a couple months back. My 2016 had voice texting but this one doesn't. Has this issue been resolved?

jimothy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you press and hold the voice button, it’ll activate your phone’s voice assistant (Siri or Google). Then say something like, “send a message to Oliver North,” and speak your message when promoted.

That’s not a direct answer to your question, but I find my phone’s services are better than any vehicle’s anyway.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just got my 2019 Ram with the Laramie package a couple months back. My 2016 had voice texting but this one doesn't. Has this issue been resolved?
Plug in your phone through USB and you can. At least with Android Auto you can.

jimothy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Plug in your phone through USB and you can. At least with Android Auto you can.
Works with iPhones/CarPlay/Siri, too. I should have mentioned USB in my reply. With 2022 and later, USB is no longer needed as they come with wireless CarPlay and Android Auto.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you press and hold the voice button, it’ll activate your phone’s voice assistant (Siri or Google). Then say something like, “send a message to Oliver North,” and speak your message when promoted.

That’s not a direct answer to your question, but I find my phone’s services are better than any vehicle’s anyway.
That's a good piece of information, but I'm more interested in the texts you are sending to Oliver North ;) :unsure:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's a good piece of information, but I'm more interested in the texts you are sending to Oliver North ;) :unsure:
How many times was Oliver North texted for it to be a default? Or do all texts from Android Auto go to Oliver North? These are the great questions of our generation.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How many times was Oliver North texted for it to be a default? Or do all texts from Android Auto go to Oliver North? These are the great questions of our generation.
Your first question suggests intent, but your second question suggests.... conspiracy? :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread