5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Voice Command for Nav?

U-235

Reaction score
Ok, what am I doing wrong? My voice command works great for everything but navigation commands. Anything I say that starts with "Find..." doesn't work. And no, I don't have a weird accent. When I push the VR button, no Nav commands show up on the "help" prompts either. Am I alone here?
Very frustrating, because address entry can't be done while driving, except with voice command.

WRH

Reaction score
I've not had great luck with the voice nav. "Find the nearest starbucks" or something along those lines seems to work, but it's hit and miss. I end up just using my iPhone and Car Play's navigation most of the time.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't officially read the manual on how to officially use the voice commands in Nav, but I can say for sure, it's not intuitive, nor does it search properly for things that are actually near you. I needed to go someplace in Mass from a spot in CT, which was only over the border, and it promptly decided that the closest result was in Long Island New York... The phone makes the Nav obsolete, which sucks because I paid for Nav and I want it to work when I use it. The whole point of it is that I shouldn't be using my phone when driving, right????

cjmst23

Reaction score
Try "NAVIGATE TO" as the command.... Followed by the number, street, city and full state name (not 2 digit abbreviations)

Works for me everytime

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Try "NAVIGATE TO" as the command.... Followed by the number, street, city and full state name (not 2 digit abbreviations)

Works for me everytime

Thanks, I will def try that. My thing is, and even the phone gets this wrong sometimes, what if I know where I want to go, but I don't know the address? Like when I want to go to Chili's, or Starbucks, and I'm in a town I'm not familiar with. Waze seems to be the best with this, even Siri is useless because she's also completely oblivious to where I am most of the time and would rather bring me to a Chili's in Tampa FL instead of the one I can almost see from my condo.... It just seems like there was a lot of hype about this giant screen and using the Nav with is, and although it looks nice, the execution leaves a ton to be desired in 2018 (2019).

cjmst23

Reaction score
Yep, the in vehicle nav will NEVER be as good as Google Maps.... NEVER.

JoeRam

Reaction score

Works for me everytime
I will have to try this as well, the "Prompt" according to the manual and the dealership should be "Find Address" . I have yet to get Nav to work using voice command and dealership put in a ticket to Chrysler

cjmst23

Reaction score
I will have to try this as well, the "Prompt" according to the manual and the dealership should be "Find Address" . I have yet to get Nav to work using voice command and dealership put in a ticket to Chrysler
Works really well for me.... You definitely need to over annunciate

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If FCA would just enable the nav in motion it would be so easy to have passenger to input info rather than to argue with a computer who cannot understand English!

Users who are viewing this thread