5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vinyl Wrap Recommendations? (Canada)

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
I've seen some threads about full vinyl wraps on these trucks and I've been wanting to have mine done as well. It's probably a long shot as I don't see very many western Canadians post here but if anyone in Alberta can recommend a good shop/person to have this done please send them my way. Even better if you've had yours done and can share pics.

If not I'll probably just pull the trigger and share my thoughts/experience with it and update this thread for anyone else in the same boat. I've already reached out to a few places and the prices/quality of work varies wildly which is why I figured I'd ask the community for input before confirming anything. TIA

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
I've seen some amazing stuff out of Ceramic Pro in Calgary. Drive by there often for work and get to see different things every few days.

A few others in Calgary
BetaCuts Custom Vinyl
Wrap Guys
ZR Auto (probably the longest serving wrap shop in Western Canada)

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
I've seen some amazing stuff out of Ceramic Pro in Calgary. Drive by there often for work and get to see different things every few days.

A few others in Calgary
BetaCuts Custom Vinyl
Wrap Guys
ZR Auto (probably the longest serving wrap shop in Western Canada)
Thanks for the recommendations man I'll have to check them out. My brother actually recommended Ceramic Pro a while back but he hasn't gotten any work done there himself. Just knows a guy who knows a guy.

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
So I found a pretty great deal on a 75' Roll of 3M's 2080 Series Vinyl that was unopened in the box on the FB Marketplace and well, I did a thing... It's honestly not as hard as it looks, but it's also not easy by any means.

I've never wrapped anything before and even considered cutting off a small piece and wrapping something with it, but in the end I just full sent it. It's passable, though an actual installer would probably have a heart attack seeing my work. My plan is to leave just this panel on for a few days and see how it does. If it starts to come apart I may just bring the rest of the roll into a shop and have them do it for me.

Just wanted to update this thread because well, I didn't actually find anyone to do it for me. At least not in a price range I was comfortable with. I was quoted between $2600-$4800 CAD (13 different quotes) for the whole truck. Bought the vinyl for only $700. If I do decide to bring it into a shop I'll be sure to update this thread again so anyone in Alberta anyways can see the quality of work and how much it costs to wrap our trucks.

IMG_20210507_1543109.jpg IMG_20210507_1552432.jpg

GATORB8

Reaction score
So I found a pretty great deal on a 75' Roll of 3M's 2080 Series Vinyl that was unopened in the box on the FB Marketplace and well, I did a thing... It's honestly not as hard as it looks, but it's also not easy by any means.

I've never wrapped anything before and even considered cutting off a small piece and wrapping something with it, but in the end I just full sent it. It's passable, though an actual installer would probably have a heart attack seeing my work. My plan is to leave just this panel on for a few days and see how it does. If it starts to come apart I may just bring the rest of the roll into a shop and have them do it for me.

Just wanted to update this thread because well, I didn't actually find anyone to do it for me. At least not in a price range I was comfortable with. I was quoted between $2600-$4800 CAD (13 different quotes) for the whole truck. Bought the vinyl for only $700. If I do decide to bring it into a shop I'll be sure to update this thread again so anyone in Alberta anyways can see the quality of work and how much it costs to wrap our trucks.

View attachment 92740 View attachment 92739
Wow, looks like you did a great job on the first panel.
I attempted to wrap my golf cart last year and quickly learned I don’t have whatever skill is required. The tight curves were damn near impossible for me to get.

river rat

Reaction score
I was quoted 4k from a few shops in Houston for the whole truck. Keep in mind, they basically disassemble the truck, wrap it and then put it back together. This process makes it look like a full color change and takes a week of labor.

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
Wow, looks like you did a great job on the first panel.
I attempted to wrap my golf cart last year and quickly learned I don’t have whatever skill is required. The tight curves were damn near impossible for me to get.

Thanks! From afar it doesn't look too bad. Once you get in close to inspect that's when the quality of work tanks. The hardest part on this panel was where the bed curves to the tailgate above and below the light. Also behind the bumper as I didn't take that off. Lesson learned for the other side. Slight curves are super easy but those areas curve pretty hard and its tricky smoothing it out.

I was quoted 4k from a few shops in Houston for the whole truck. Keep in mind, they basically disassemble the truck, wrap it and then put it back together. This process makes it look like a full color change and takes a week of labor.

Yeah the price was just too much for me to want to pay at the moment but I totally understand the cost. The quickest turn around I was quoted was 2-3 days which I thought was impressive, to a full week. I don't have any problems doing the work disassembling the necessary pieces, but I was hesitant to do it myself because I've never even put protective film on a cell phone screen before. If you have the extra $$$ I'd definitely recommend finding a reputable shop because as I said, its not as hard as you'd imagine, but its also not as easy as the pros on YouTube make it seem.

Users who are viewing this thread