5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vibrations all over

Patriot5O

Reaction score
Good day to you all!

I have a new 2023 1500 Limited (everything stock), less than 1k on the clock.

Under normal driving, I feel a slight vibration in the steering wheel. I'd rate it a 3/10. Not bad. My other car does the same. But once I'm in 4x4Auto or High, at 1900 rpms (any speed or gear), under light or moderate load, the vibration is now a 7/10 and it can be felt in the floorboards, seat and accelerator. If I'm coasting, zero vibration. But once I hit that sweet spot RPM under load, BAM!! Once I get through that RPM range, the vibration mellows out back down to a 3/10.

Now the vibration isn’t a truck shaking, death rattling, think the engine is going to fall out, violent type. It's more of a "fine" vibration. Of course dealer says they can't duplicate. I've searched many forums and I can't find anyone else complaining about the same issue.

Other than RFB the tires, anyone have any theory what is going on? It is extremely uncomfortable driving the truck with the vibration (highway speed puts me at 1900 rpms and that's when the vibrations are the strongest.)

Thank you in advance!

marthaavery

Reaction score
l
Good day to you all!

I have a new 2023 1500 Limited (everything stock), less than 1k on the clock.

Under normal driving, I feel a slight vibration in the steering wheel. I'd rate it a 3/10. Not bad. My other car does the same. But once I'm in 4x4Auto or High, at 1900 rpms (any speed or gear), under light or moderate load, the vibration is now a 7/10 and it can be felt in the floorboards, seat and accelerator. If I'm coasting, zero vibration. But once I hit that sweet spot RPM under load, BAM!! Once I get through that RPM range, the vibration mellows out back down to a 3/10.

Now the vibration isn’t a truck shaking, death rattling, think the engine is going to fall out, violent type. It's more of a "fine" vibration. Of course dealer says they can't duplicate uno online. I've searched many forums and I can't find anyone else complaining about the same issue.

Other than RFB the tires, anyone have any theory what is going on? It is extremely uncomfortable driving the truck with the vibration (highway speed puts me at 1900 rpms and that's when the vibrations are the strongest.)

Thank you in advance!
Based on your description, it sounds like the vibration is more noticeable at a certain RPM range, which could indicate a problem with the engine, transmission, or drivetrain. I guess.

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
Offer to take the dealership tech on a ride so he can experience the vibration and know how to reproduce it.
Previous tech driving style likely is not the same as yours, and you know how to make the symptoms appear.
Once the tech has experienced what you feel, let him drive it and feel it from the drive seat himself.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread