5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vibration at idle characteristic of these 5.7's???

mjharden

Reaction score
Just curious if these 5.7 hemis vibrated at idle? I'm not used to a vehicle shaking at idle like mine does. It's more of an annoyance than anything...like when you're using your phone and it's kind of bouncing around a little ;-)

syddog 2000

Reaction score
I have owned 8 trucks with the 5.7 Hemi. Not one would have what I would call a smooth idle. I sometimes wonder how the Tach registers an even 600 rpm.lol

Phiefer

Reaction score
Just curious if these 5.7 hemis vibrated at idle? I'm not used to a vehicle shaking at idle like mine does. It's more of an annoyance than anything...like when you're using your phone and it's kind of bouncing around a little ;-)
I dont have any shaking with my truck. When my truck arrived at my dealer a few weeks ago, the dealer told me he was suprised at how smooth and quiet the 5.7 was. I was left with the impression the older engines had more vibration. It will be interesting to hear what comments other ram owners make. Not clear if the eTorques are more smooth or what?

mjharden

Reaction score
I have owned 8 trucks with the 5.7 Hemi. Not one would have what I would call a smooth idle. I sometimes wonder how the Tach registers an even 600 rpm.lol
That makes me feel a bit better, though it’s still a little annoying!

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have no idle shake at all. Like Neurobit said, it is almost like it isn't running. I hit the gas sometimes to hear the engine. :)

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
mine is super smooth

768mph

Reaction score
My eTorque 5.7 is smooth and my wife’s non eTorque 5.7 has a little shake every now and again. My previous 16 Ram Sport had the same thing. It’s a 400hp V8.
Not a sewing machine.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just got mine back from the dealership as that was one of the things that I wanted addressed as well as the console creak. lol and behold neither one was taken care of ........

Users who are viewing this thread