5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vibration after installing Bilstein 5100s

j2ttu

Reaction score
Recently(couple weeks ago), I "upgraded" from the stock suspension of my 2021 Ram Rebel to Bilstein 5100s up front.
I saw tons and tons of people on here did and it seemed like the next step.

This may have been the worse part to install on my truck. My ride quality is **** now.
It seems like a just about any speeds and no matter how smooth the road is, I get small vibrations in my seat.
The truck drives straight as far as alignment, but I get vibrations on most roads. If I go over a bump or pot hole, I get sort of a ripple vibration in my seat as well.

I had them installed on level 5, which by the instructions was the top end for a Ram Rebel.
I've gone back to the shop that installed a couple times and this last time they told me that the shocks were bottoming out.
This doesn't make much sense to me. Especially with how popular they are among 5th Gen Rams.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this? Vibrations in ride quality after upgrading suspension?
I don't feel any vibrations in my steering wheel, but in the cab is pretty bad.

Probably doesn’t help with ride quality that you are maxing the shocks out. Did you verify that the shop you used fid the install correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Recently(couple weeks ago), I "upgraded" from the stock suspension of my 2021 Ram Rebel to Bilstein 5100s up front.
I saw tons and tons of people on here did and it seemed like the next step.

This may have been the worse part to install on my truck. My ride quality is **** now.
It seems like a just about any speeds and no matter how smooth the road is, I get small vibrations in my seat.
The truck drives straight as far as alignment, but I get vibrations on most roads. If I go over a bump or pot hole, I get sort of a ripple vibration in my seat as well.

I had them installed on level 5, which by the instructions was the top end for a Ram Rebel.
I've gone back to the shop that installed a couple times and this last time they told me that the shocks were bottoming out.
This doesn't make much sense to me. Especially with how popular they are among 5th Gen Rams.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this? Vibrations in ride quality after upgrading suspension?
I don't feel any vibrations in my steering wheel, but in the cab is pretty bad.
You say you just did them on the front? Do you feel a vibration in the steering wheel? If you only feel it in the seat, I would be more inclined to check the rear.

Did you have it aligned? If not, there's your problem. It is also possible they knocked some wheel weights off and you have a balance problem. I've had those shocks and they were great. I have Eibachs on now which are very similar and they are fine.

Yeah first time I have ever heard of someone complaining about the ride quality w/ 5100s. Its hard to say what it is since a shop did the install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You say you just did them on the front? Do you feel a vibration in the steering wheel? If you only feel it in the seat, I would be more inclined to check the rear.
This is why I change all 4 at the same time. I had similar problems years ago. Ever since I change all 4 with the same brand and type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back