5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vent Visors

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put a set of Weathertech vent visors on my Ram and they fit great. No issues with rolling the windows up/down. I put the AVS in channels on my 2015 Ram and they were a PITA for awhile until they finally broke in. I never had that problem with the Weathertechs.

Thanks for the info. I'm not brand loyal so recommending other brands is fine, especially if they work well.

Since I opted to not get a sunroof, I like having these to crack the windows on warm days without it being obvious they aren't fully closed.

I got a set off amazon but they seem to all have the 3M adhesive. I have had them on many vehicles and never had a problem and they never came off as long as its cleaned well before putting them on. I vape in my car so usually have the window open 1/2" and its a must have. :)

I've had the egr in-channel on my 2014 and then on my 2019 and now 2021. Look as good as when new and never any issues with windows up or down, carwash etc.

I put a set of Weathertech vent visors on my Ram and they fit great. No issues with rolling the windows up/down. I put the AVS in channels on my 2015 Ram and they were a PITA for awhile until they finally broke in. I never had that problem with the Weathertechs.

I don’t mean to thread jack, but can you tell me if the Weathertechs required those stupid little clips inside the rear window seal to lock the rear visors in?

I had some of these on my 1995 Grand Cherokee and really liked them. Mine actually mounted inside the window channel, which I kind of liked--they "seemed" more secured that way.

Does anyone have these on their Ram and if so, do you like them? Do they stay attached to the outside pretty well over time?

I have those and like them a lot. The adhesive is holding well after 3 1/2 years.

I don’t mean to thread jack, but can you tell me if the Weathertechs required those stupid little clips inside the rear window seal to lock the rear visors in?
Honestly I couldn’t tell you because I only bought the fronts since I never roll the back windows down. I can tell you the fronts don’t use any tape or clips and stay in no problem.

Gotcha, I want to get the full set, but I don’t want to do those clips. They started using them on GM trucks and they are they biggest PITA to put in.

Ah, the ole smokers gap.
LOL. Not a smoker. Never thought about that being a use. I honestly used them a lot to crack the windows, at times when I also thought it could also rain.

And I know the plastic won't stop anyone, but I figured someone thinking of breaking into a vehicle with cracked windows might not notice them being slightly open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back