5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Valved exhaust - a few questions

Hemogoblin

Reaction score
So I ordered a vacuum actuated bypass for my Rebel as I find my current set up so freaking loud in the morning. Granted, I love how loud it is but it always wakes up the family and Im sure the neighbors hate me. I often get up early for fishing or hunting so it's getting old quick.
Anyway, this muffler uses a vacuum module that gets power from a cigarette lighter plug. I won't use it as such because I want to hide that module in one of the floor storage compartments but I have zero experience with valved exhausts and have no idea how this all works. I was thinking to add a cigarette lighter outlet in the RAM box and I was gonna run that direct from the battery but does anyone know, will this vacuum module be pulling power while my truck is off? If so, how would you recommend I wire this outlet? (FYI, I contacted the website with zero response).
Also, the wire that I run to the battery, any suggestions on gauge? And I want to add an inline fuse, any suggestions on which fuse to use?
Thanks mates

Users who are viewing this thread