5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utility rails

Ccm12

Reaction score
Wondering if the stock utility rails are only option, as read on here about install difficulties or if there are other after market brands folks have found and liked?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wondering if the stock utility rails are only option, as read on here about install difficulties or if there are other after market brands folks have found and liked?
I have been following the forum for close to 2 years and know of no after market rails. Someone has used the rails/tracks used to mount electrical breaker boxes and such.
I did not find the install difficult. Some have problems if line x or such was applied reducing the size of the hole and requiring removal of the protectant. The rivnuts being hex shaped prevents spinning while installing which was a problem on the previous generation of rails.

Ccm12

Reaction score
Ok I was wondering about the rivnuts. Thanks!

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Be safe and just order a rivnuts unit from Amazon for under $30 just to be safe and to save time. Spoken from experience and a bloody knuckle or two

Users who are viewing this thread