5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utility Rail Spare Tire Mount

clazer

Reaction score
Has anyone seen or rigged up a way to use the bed rails to mount a spare vertically in the bed? Vertical right behind the driver side of the cab would be pretty slick.

I was considering one of these, but it would require modifying the existing rails or cutting off a section of them. http://www.pitpal.com/tire-storage/spin-on-spare-tire-holder/

j517

Reaction score
That looks slick but it would not let u put on a tonneau cover

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

clazer

Reaction score
That looks slick but it would not let u put on a tonneau cover

Yep, don’t really have a use for a cover. These trucks already have a ton of storage.

DavidNJ

Reaction score

Spare_Tire_BUDDY_01_Web-image_12.30.20131.jpg

j517

Reaction score
Well let's put storage secondary for work I have to be able to secure items that I dont want to keep or put inside my cab area. If i leave it outside will definitely disappear. Maybe I can mount it on top of cover

DavidNJ

Reaction score
You can run a locking cable through a stud hole and tie-down ring on the truck bed.

j517

Reaction score
I have a satellite office for my buiss it's about 3 hours from my main office so I load up the truck with tools and other crud I have to take down and leave it in inside the bed for a day or 2 so tieying down with cable cant be done i like the tire mount on bed

j517

Reaction score
I had a buffer heavy as crud and it grew legs and arms jumped out the back of my other truck and went for a walk never to be seen again . Freakin tweakers crack heads around my sat office a few of the contractors I know have told me they been left on top of roof tops since their latter's have grown legs and arms and walked away with no way for them to get down

Users who are viewing this thread