5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using factory bed lights to power/control rear off road light?

Reaction score
I just ordered Nilight 2PCS 7 Inch 30W Super Slim Spot Led Light Bar Driving Fog Light Single Row Off Road led Lights and Off Road Wiring Harness- 2 Leads ( comes with switch ,inline fuse, and relay.

the wiring Harness that came with it is too short to reach the battery. I was wondering if I can splice into the wires to be able to use the button in the bed for the factory bed lights or the bed control the aftermarket lights?

Or should I not be lazy and buy more wire and run it to the battery.

40C6BDC7-B896-4075-A856-CF95004B9A2D.jpeg B1736FB4-1B6D-4D2D-9EF7-7DD9CE869C51.png

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My suggestion is and when I do wiring is solely to run the wires to the battery. Yes it is a pain but once done I am much happier with the outcome. Again this is in no way an assault on you, just how I do it. Good luck and please keep us posted about this.

Reaction score
My suggestion is and when I do wiring is solely to run the wires to the battery. Yes it is a pain but once done I am much happier with the outcome. Again this is in no way an assault on you, just how I do it. Good luck and please keep us posted about this.

Yea, that was my first option but I seen those lights and wires just sitting right there, thought it might be a good way to run the light with an easy switch. I’ll do some more digging. I’ll try to see how much power those stock bed lights are

Shives

Reaction score
the stock bed lights DO NOT HAVE A LARGE CURENT SUPPLY. They are just set up enough to power the bed lamps. Would not suggest. I would just run a new length back.

Shives

Reaction score
If you want them to come on with your bed lights, that can be done with a relay. If you have any questions about wiring, DM me. I can show you how.

brawler1588

Reaction score
Check out some of my posts my truck is a lease so nothing I have done is permanent. If you want them to turn on in just reverse I recommend getting the correct curt wireless adapter and tap into the reverse. What I did though is i did the curt adapter with a wireless remote and than tapped into the power wire and ran it to the wireless adapter under the hood so now they come on in reverse and than I can turn them on with the remote whenever I want. All my aux lights are hooked up to my wireless switch. Message me if you have any questions.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread