5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB/USB-C timer after key off

Hawkshot99

Reaction score
I have a 19’ with the 8.4” stereo. I have an apple car play dongle to make it wireless that I’m happy with. My only issue is that when I park the truck the dongle stays active and wants to be connected to my phone even if I’m in my house or something.

I have read on here that you can change the timer somewhere in the settings, but I’ve searched through looking, and searched on here for a how to but can’t find either.

Also have a friend with a 22’ Limited with the big screen stereo and he would love to be able to turn off the ports when key is off.

Any help is awesome.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There's no such setting. I think some have looked for it in AlfaODB too, but couldn't find it either.

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think it’s 2 hours. Don’t know of a way to change it

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Jscan has something about “accessory delay time”. Can’t remember where I saw it or what it does. I’ll let you know if I come up with anything

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Here is it. Not sure what this is referring to. It mentions the radio settings, so it may just be an option available in the radio? Still trying to find out
IMG_4837.png

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I would assume that’s how long the radio plays after turning off the key when you haven’t opened the doors.
It looks like it just enables these options in the radio for you to adjust. Doesn’t look like it applies to USB tho.

IMG_4843.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online