5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB power supply questions

bigoldthor

Reaction score
The manual says that “some” accessories and outlets will continue to supply power after the engine is shut off. Is there a definitive list of what and for how long?

Is there a difference between the USB-A and USB-C amperage? 1 amp, 1.5, 2.1 or 2.3? I typically use a USB-C to Lightning supply when connecting and charging my iPhone, but not sure if there is a difference in the truck.

I did notice the courtesy lights outlining the four lower front USB ports remained lit after the truck was completely shut down for a period of time, but not sure how long. Wondering if I leave a device plugged in and go do something if it will continue to charge.

If anyone has a link or manual reference that explains all of that, I’d be grateful. I read about it but did’t find answers to all these questions.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BugGuy

Reaction score
I think you can change how long it'll stay on in the settings on Uconnect. Also, my understanding is that you can change the fuse position if you want them to stay on all the time.

bigoldthor

Reaction score
I think you can change how long it'll stay on in the settings on Uconnect. Also, my understanding is that you can change the fuse position if you want them to stay on all the time.
Hmm, I'll have to look again. Mine has the Uconnect 4 (basic one) on the 8.4" screen. I didn't see anything about that but will look again.

I did see the comment about changing the fuse position...may try that too.

But overall, it would be nice if Ram or FCA provided more information/detail about this, especially nowadays when we all rely so much more on electronics.

Nibis

Reaction score
We need more info on this, I have a dash cam plugged into the 12v above the radio, but stays on after I turn off the truck, at some point turns off, but does not turn back on when I turn the truck back on, it will if I pull the plug out and put it back in.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
All USB's stays on for two hours after turning off the ignition. Doesn't matter which one.
12V plug above the screen stays on for 30 or 60 seconds after the ignition is off(You can change that in the settings)
We need more info on this, I have a dash cam plugged into the 12v above the radio, but stays on after I turn off the truck, at some point turns off, but does not turn back on when I turn the truck back on, it will if I pull the plug out and put it back in.
Sounds like a problem with the Dash cam.

Nibis

Reaction score
All USB's stays on for two hours after turning off the ignition. Doesn't matter which one.
12V plug above the screen stays on for 30 or 60 seconds after the ignition is off(You can change that in the settings)

Sounds like a problem with the Dash cam.
It worked perfectly in my Trailhawk

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As far as I know the only one that will stay on 24/7 is the one above the radio. You have to shift the fuse over. Page 129 of the manual.

Nibis

Reaction score
As far as I know the only one that will stay on 24/7 is the one above the radio. You have to shift the fuse over. Page 129 of the manual.
I don't want it to stay on, I just need it to come back on when I restart the truck. I'll play with it a bit more

Nibis

Reaction score
Ok, I found it on page 89 -90 in my manual, the fuse was in the constant on position, I moved it over to ignition/acc on. Thanks !!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread