5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB/power port questions

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Are there any USB or power port outlets that are only powered with the ignition on or running only? I have multiple USB ports under the 12" screen and behind the center console that are powered by the battery constantly. The power port on top of the dash has a door that has a picture of a battery which indicates its constant power. The power port in the center console is constant and I believe the 110 inverter outlet in the back of the console is constant. I was given an aftermarket wireless phone mount/charger that has LED lights indicating its powered up and or charging but they stay lit with the ignition off. I know they are tiny LED's but I dont want it killing the battery. Any ideas?

HMC8403

Reaction score
The USB ports under the display stay on for one hour after the ignition is turned off so you can continue charging something if needed. The one in the center counsel and the back seat should turn off with the truck off. The 12v on the dash is switchable at the fuse box.

Users who are viewing this thread