5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

usb not all files are read

ronbob64

Reaction score
I have a 512GB flashdrive that I want to use on my uconnect. However not all the files and folders are read so it only plays about 2400 songs but there are about 40.000 on it.
does anyone have the same problem and/or a solution?

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Others have stated that there is a 20K file limit. I use a Sandisk 128 GB thumbdrive,
But it only has about 2400 songs right now. I still need to load up songs from my
copy of a DJ's Hard Drive. Which has about 28K songs on it but, there are doubles
and triples of some songs. ie A band puts out a Greatest hits album or it is included
on a compilation album from multible artists.

Malodave

smokethrower2

Reaction score
I'm trying to find another thread a saw before, but can't find it. From what it said there is a number of folders limit and the drive must be formatted to fat32 as well. I can't seem to get my SanDisk 64 gb usb flash drive to read. Pulled it from my 2016 Sonata where it worked fine for years, the 1500 won't read it. It's formatted to fat32 as the Sonata needed that as well, but it had thousands of folders. I moved all 6722 mp3s from the bulk of the folders to only 12 folders on the root level... and it still doesn't read it.

37 files on an old 8gb usb drive that I used when was test driving the trucks works fine, no folders on it. I'll have to try to remove all folders from my 64gb and just have the music at the root.***Edit: Tried no folders, all mp3s at root level, still gives the "USB Error Reconnect" message I think is what it says.

This is the drive that I can't get to read: SanDisk Ultra 64GB USB 3.0 OTG Flash Drive With micro USB connector For Android Mobile Devices.

Anyone else having any issues or have any ideas on how to get this drive to work?

Update: formatted to NTFS and it read 1700 of the 6700 songs, probably due the to folder limit. Now will try to minimize the folder amount and see i that fixes it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread