5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB Media Audio Issues (I've read the other posts)

Elbereth

Reaction score
Just purchased my 2023 Ram Limited with Uconnect 12 inch. My first pickup truck! Having issues with the system recognizing audio files.
Details:
1. I've read several of the other threads before posting here.
2. My thumb drive is formatted for FAT32
3. MP3 files play, but the system doesn't recognize M4A or WMA files formats, even though they are on the same drive as the MP3 files.
4. The MP3 files are in folders by album, but the system doesn't recognize the folders and just has one long list.

In the other threads, some say the M4A and WAV files play just fine. Any suggestions or have I done something wrong?

Is there a way to get the system to recognize folders? My prior vehicle (not CDJR) recognized folders with no issues.

Glad to be part of the forum and appreciate any help.

John Jensen

Reaction score
For any music file that won't play, I go to Google and convert the file to MP3. It is easy peasy and takes the time and irritation out of trying to figure out why it won't play.

Your #4 above is the same as my Ram trucks. The only system I've had that would recognize folders was on my 2006 Ford F350.

Users who are viewing this thread