5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB lights come back on after 90 seconds

andy00018

Reaction score
Hello,

First post, I recently took delivery on a ‘22 Big Horn, did a few mods including adding passive entry with help from the forum here. As the title states I lock the truck and all interior buttons/ light turn off after about 15 seconds including the front USB cluster, however roughly 90 seconds later it turns back on. Nothing is plugged into it, any ideas? It stays on for at least an hour, possibly more, I have to check exactly how long. 794B3195-FDA2-432F-8811-16934C1C4706.jpeg

Last edited:

andy00018

Reaction score
Just checked again tonight doing exactly the same thing. Car off and locked, USB lights are on. I checked back last night after about 4 hours and they were off.

andy00018

Reaction score
where is the fob when this happens?
Good question, I just confirmed 2nd FOB out of the vehicle , I had one in my pocket and locked the door. Previously I held onto the fob and looked inside the truck, this time I ran both fobs inside the house and went back to the truck, same thing happened though USB’s came back on.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Good question, I just confirmed 2nd FOB out of the vehicle , I had one in my pocket and locked the door. Previously I held onto the fob and looked inside the truck, this time I ran both fobs inside the house and went back to the truck, same thing happened though USB’s came back on.
put the fobs in a faraday bag and see what happens

Rodizzle

Reaction score
Company recently gave me a truck and I’ve noticed that to , which I like . After around 60-90min it shuts off and that’s with me in the truck with the fob .
I’m field superintendent so I do a lot of sitting lol . My first post btw .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andy00018

Reaction score
put the fobs in a faraday bag and see what happens
I will try this, I don’t have one but will pickup a cheap one on Amazon. The keys in the house are 60ft+ away from the truck so definitely in range of lock/ unlocking or remote starting it, but shouldn’t be in the realm of Im in or near the vehicle. I will try this though before I bring to the dealer to checkout so I don’t start chasing something for no reason. To me it seems like a programming error as they do turn off for about 2 minutes before coming back on for the 2 or so hours.

andy00018

Reaction score
Company recently gave me a truck and I’ve noticed that to , which I like . After around 60-90min it shuts off and that’s with me in the truck with the fob .

Have you noticed after leaving and locking the truck the same thing happens as well? Assuming you have a ‘22?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I noticed this like 3 days ago in mine.
Sometimes they turn off, other times they go and stay on.

A month ago I didn't see this happening, so maybe it was something with a UC5 update managing the ports.

HawtDogFlvrWtr

Reaction score
I noticed when I walk up to my 19 limited even with no keys around, the screen will display ram if I lean against the door handle. USB lights come on also. I wonder if it’s some proximity thing. Seems like a good way to drain someone’s battery you don’t like.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I noticed when I walk up to my 19 limited even with no keys around, the screen will display ram if I lean against the door handle. USB lights come on also. I wonder if it’s some proximity thing. Seems like a good way to drain someone’s battery you don’t like.

There is a sensor on the door handle. If you have passive entry as soon as your hand touches the handle it unlocks.

HawtDogFlvrWtr

Reaction score
There is a sensor on the door handle. If you have passive entry as soon as your hand touches the handle it unlocks.

That’s what I assumed. Thought perhaps that’s what was going on here. Still think it shouldn’t react when no keys are present. I can see the a-hole kids in the neighborhood messing with that if they found out. Thankfully I don’t have anymore of those in the neighborhood.

gofishn

Reaction score

USB's will function for one hour after truck is turned off.
It's feature.

Redizzle,
Welcome to the Forum.
Very first post and you gave good info.

Well Done sir Well done

bkp

Reaction score
Hello,

First post, I recently took delivery on a ‘22 Big Horn, did a few mods including adding passive entry with help from the forum here. As the title states I lock the truck and all interior buttons/ light turn off after about 15 seconds including the front USB cluster, however roughly 90 seconds later it turns back on. Nothing is plugged into it, any ideas? It stays on for at least an hour, possibly more, I have to check exactly how long. View attachment 143202
I have a 2019 Laramie. When I was camping I ended up sleeping in the cab 1 or 2 nights. I noticed every time I shifted in my seat the usb lights would come on and stay on for several minutes. Needless to say they were on nearly all night. Also when washing my truck the lights on the mirrors light up.

Users who are viewing this thread