5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB Flash Drives

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can also create playlists if you know how to format the text document or utilize a program to create it for you. Then you can put that on the root of the usb and utilize that function as well.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just have my MP3s in file folders on my thumb drive.

I can play all the songs or browse to any folder I create, which are genres and playlists.

ImageX

Reaction score
Last edited:

Carlmyman

Reaction score
Just make folders on the drive for each album you want. Use Mp3 format & you can probably fit a thousand or so songs on a 16Gb drive. When you rip the CD's put them into Mp3 format to save you the time. Have been doing this for years now. Used to burn the Mp3's to a CD / DVD.
Drove from NJ to Kentucky without ever hearing a song twice! When you buy the drive get a micro USB drive 1618680267302.png

ImageX

Reaction score
Just make folders on the drive for each album you want. Use Mp3 format & you can probably fit a thousand or so songs on a 16Gb drive. When you rip the CD's put them into Mp3 format to save you the time. Have been doing this for years now. Used to burn the Mp3's to a CD / DVD.
Drove from NJ to Kentucky without ever hearing a song twice! When you buy the drive get a micro USB drive View attachment 90075

MP3s are not the best option for those who want high quality sound.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
MP3s are not the best option for those who want high quality sound.
True.

One of the few benefits of the base 6-speaker audio is that MP3 files are more than fine for the job. No amount of file quality is going to allow me to hear each string in the orchestra. ;)

ImageX

Reaction score
True.

One of the few benefits of the base 6-speaker audio is that MP3 files are more than fine for the job. No amount of file quality is going to allow me to hear each string in the orchestra. ;)

It would still sound that much better though. It always starts with the source. Hi Res audio sounds very good on the Alpine system.

Users who are viewing this thread