5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Usb flash drive always start from the first track

sppb32

Reaction score
My USB does not keep the memory when playing from a Flash Drive, if i shut down the truck for a few minutes it resumes where it stopped playing but if it's shut off for a more then a few minutes it always start with the first track, is that normal?
All my aftermarket radios keep it in memory and always resume where stopped playing.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got mine set up with a small usb over the weekend, still trying to get a playlist to show but that's another issue. Even sitting overnight it started right where it was when I shut the truck off yesterday. There may be something in the settings, but I don't remember making any changes.

sppb32

Reaction score
There's a setting on the Audio section it looks like it fixed it we'll see.

sppb32

Reaction score
Nope...still do it

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope...still do it

Which USB port are you using for music? I’ve got a 64g drive in port 1 and haven’t had any problems with it. I’ve read people had issues with earlier software versions doing what you're describing. I’m on my phone right now so can’t see what year truck you are having issues with if you have a signature.

Last edited:

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing when I first got my truck (October, 2018). I brought it in to the dealer and they updated the S/W and it fixed it. I have the standard 8” UConnect / non-nav

sppb32

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing when I first got my truck (October, 2018). I brought it in to the dealer and they updated the S/W and it fixed it. I have the standard 8” UConnect / non-nav
Mine is a 2020 Laramie and it’s not fixed yet, I have to call the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread