5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading wheels

Jack.

Reaction score
Got a call from my local tireshop that they got some fuel rebel 20x9 +1 pair with nitto recon 295/60r20.

Currently i am running 18x9 -12 pair with falken wildpeak at3w 285/65r18.

I may go ahead and upgrade but i wanted to check, i do have stock ride height, theyre telling me it wont rub but i believe it will, also i do like the little bit of offset i get with the -12 and theyre telling me that i wont even notice the different with the +1 offset on the 20s. I do like the 20s more due to balancing reasons.

Do you guys think the new set up will rubb? And im assuming by going +1 i will loose the current aggressive look correct? It isnt as bad as stock +19 so i guess it will still stick out a little bit.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
From looking at tire specs, the tires should be about even with the flares. The 295’s are 33.9” diameter, so I think there’s a high chance you’ll rub at least the driver’s side rear fenderwell liner and maybe pinch point due to how caster is set on our trucks. That is, unless you’ve done a lift that I don’t see from your avatar pic.

Jack.

Reaction score
From looking at tire specs, the tires should be about even with the flares. The 295’s are 33.9” diameter, so I think there’s a high chance you’ll rub at least the driver’s side rear fenderwell liner and maybe pinch point due to how caster is set on our trucks. That is, unless you’ve done a lift that I don’t see from your avatar pic.

My front isnt lifted but i do have the 5100 adjustable in the front, i liked the stock ride height but i guess it wouldnt hurt maybe going up by 1 or so. For the inner fender would i be able to just trim it? And i also got rokblokz mudflap the XL version which i think are a bit thick, im concern that may rubb as well haha

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My front isnt lifted but i do have the 5100 adjustable in the front, i liked the stock ride height but i guess it wouldnt hurt maybe going up by 1 or so. For the inner fender would i be able to just trim it? And i also got rokblokz mudflap the XL version which i think are a bit thick, im concern that may rubb as well haha
I would have to make a template to measure on the truck, but you can search on here for people who have zip-tied their fenderliner back (solved it for some) and others who have folded over the pinch weld. You should be able to use a tape measure to figure out if the height and width of the 295’s will hit your fender when turning the wheel. Just turn it about a third and measure from the hub on each side at a distance from the hub that matches the 17x9 +1 offset outer rim lip.

Jack.

Reaction score
I would have to make a template to measure on the truck, but you can search on here for people who have zip-tied their fenderliner back (solved it for some) and others who have folded over the pinch weld. You should be able to use a tape measure to figure out if the height and width of the 295’s will hit your fender when turning the wheel. Just turn it about a third and measure from the hub on each side at a distance from the hub that matches the 17x9 +1 offset outer rim lip.
Hmm okay I'll try to do some measurements later when I get a chance. Been raining like crazy here.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm okay I'll try to do some measurements later when I get a chance. Been raining like crazy here.
Sorry I can’t help more, but measuring my truck with a 3” front lift won’t help you any.

terigox

Reaction score
@Jack. - did you end up going with the +1 offset and 295 tires? Curious how they fit. I’m torn in doing this or going all in on 35’s with some modifications…

Jack.

Reaction score
@Jack. - did you end up going with the +1 offset and 295 tires? Curious how they fit. I’m torn in doing this or going all in on 35’s with some modifications…
I didnt get a chance to yet. Had some stuff come up on short notice. I'll prob try to have anything in by next week and see. Will update soon

Jack.

Reaction score
Update: Ended up not going with them, idk how i feel about the +1 offset i like it being a bit aggressive so ill keep looking for a 20x10 -18mm wheels and then prob will see which tires i can toss on that would fill up the wheel wells without rubb on a stock ride height no orp.

Users who are viewing this thread