5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading my 2019 Limited's 22's! Worried about air suspension!

HMAwawdeh

Reaction score
I have the 2019 limited with the 22 inch rims and I wanted to upgrade them to something I can use for offroading but I was wondering what I have to change besides the wheels and tires!

I am worried it will affect my air suspension!

Stock: 285/45 R22

1.jpeg 2.jpeg

New one I want to install

33X12.50R17 General Grabber with method beadlock tyres!

3.jpg 4.jpg

Doc33

Reaction score
A 33 inch tire should fit ok but not a 17 inch wheel.

kgurtsak

Reaction score
Following this - I have a limited as well and want to put 18" rims on it with 35x12.50 but I am having trouble getting a clear answer if 18s will fit. I dont want to grind brake calipers so any guidance or information would be appreciated.

Doc33

Reaction score
Following this - I have a limited as well and want to put 18" rims on it with 35x12.50 but I am having trouble getting a clear answer if 18s will fit. I dont want to grind brake calipers so any guidance or information would be appreciated.
Stock 18 inch will fit no problem ( rebel wheels). Aftermarket 18 are the problem, some do some don't and depends on the offset. More research will be required on your part or another member can chime in with more experience.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Definitely verify the inner diameter on aftermarket wheels.

I have stock 18" wheels and they clear the calipers by a very narrow margin.

I don't know about the Limited but my ORG has a 18" wheel for the spare. You could measure the inside diameter of that and make sure that any aftermarket wheel meets that minimum spec.

Reverse

Reaction score
There's a long thread about wheel/tire options for Limited already

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There's a couple Method 18's that fit.

Mine fit, cleared the driver side caliper with no problem. I had to smoothen the passenger side caliper. I have about 2.5 mm of clearance from caliper to inner wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread