5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrade Sound system

Gerard22295

Reaction score
Hello All from Marshfield, MA,
New owner of 2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew cab with Hemi. Looking for advice upgrade 5 channel Amp & 10"subwoofer, replaced 6 speakers already with Infinitys

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Get a cup of coffee and set aside a few hours before you click on this link:

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've had to skim that thread a couple times, lots of good info, but lots of rabbit holes as well. You'll want to focus on bypassing the ANC and picking up your amp inputs before the ANC module. The base head unit outputs an amplified speaker level signal. The ANC is a sort of pass through, you can technically remove the ANC module altogether as it doesn't offer any amplification, only noise cancellation. Get the PAC ANC-CH01 harness and you'll be able to bypass the ANC and tap into speaker wires without hacking the factory wiring

nburd

Reaction score

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
Well, after all my speaker upgrades, I had a loss of sound issue in my left doors. I thought it may be an amp issue, but after I pulled my panels off, I discovered that 1 terminal on each of the 2 CDT Speakers must have vibrated off. Must be all that great bass and thumpin' sound I had. Wish I had done this the first time, but this time I soldered my connections to my speakers. I then proceeded to take out the 2 passenger side speakers and soldered them as well. Now there is NO Way that I will lose connection. I should have learned from my prior installs of years past! Problem solved.
20200919_175153.jpg

805myth1

Reaction score
This is what I just finished doing to my truck with the alpine system.

Users who are viewing this thread