5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrade Limited floor mats

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Was a bit disappointed to see that the limiteds have carpet inserts…..can’t imagine that they’ll offer much protection.

Also looks like the limiteds sell for a decent price and upgrade to an all weather for a net neutral expenditure.

Any reason that I wouldn’t do so? Also, what brand would I upgrade to? I think Husky has a prime day deal.

I have had Husky floor liners in my last three vehicles. They worked great for me.

I would recommend them especially if you can get them on sale.

Was a bit disappointed to see that the limiteds have carpet inserts…..can’t imagine that they’ll offer much protection.

Also looks like the limiteds sell for a decent price and upgrade to an all weather for a net neutral expenditure.

Any reason that I wouldn’t do so? Also, what brand would I upgrade to? I think Husky has a prime day deal.
I have the Mopar slush mats. I removed the original Limited front mats, but put the rear ones over the original mats (didn’t want to store them in the house-don’t have a garage).
Sorry, front one was dirty when I took the picture, they hose right off though.

Attachments

• 13C82E4F-BA7D-49A4-9880-8956894904BC.jpeg
    13C82E4F-BA7D-49A4-9880-8956894904BC.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 85
  • AC5B0272-3059-499F-97EA-BEC852EDDEDE.jpeg
    AC5B0272-3059-499F-97EA-BEC852EDDEDE.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 83
The Mopar all weather mats are the best IMO. The Husky mats are nice but lack the fit and finish of the Mopar units. I don't like the Weather Tech's at all. They are too hard and get very slippery when wet. You can get the Mopar mats on Amazon for $115.

On the RAM heavy duty Limited models, the carpet snaps in and out. When out, you have a pretty good rubber mat that can catch a lot of crud. I take mine out much of the time, then put back in for when I want to "dress up" ;)

Do the 1500 Limited's have that feature also? Check it out and see.

hth
Brad

On the RAM heavy duty Limited models, the carpet snaps in and out. When out, you have a pretty good rubber mat that can catch a lot of crud. I take mine out much of the time, then put back in for when I want to "dress up" ;)

hth
Brad
Yes, the 1500 Limited floor mats have the same removable carpet section.

hth
Brad
Hot damn! One less thing I have to buy, thanks for the guidance

really? i think the Limited mats are the best I've ever seen! I love the snap out carpets. Like others I remove during winter, replace in spring. My friends are always shocked at how nice those floor mats are.

You can take the carpet out of the limited's and they become just a rubber mat.

I really like the newer style Weathertech HP floor liner in my Limited. Seem to be a grippier material than the traditional floor liner.

hth
Brad

Yes

I really like the newer style Weathertech HP floor liner in my Limited. Seem to be a grippier material than the traditional floor liner.
I couldn’t find much differences between Weathertech and Weathertech HP, just that HP is softer and doesn’t sound so hard and plasticky when stepping on it. Does the non-HP not have the little grippy pegs on the bottom?
Other than those two things, are the different Weathertech versions the same?

You can take the carpet out of the limited's and they become just a rubber mat.
How good is just the rubber mat it comes with? Is it large enough to catch everything? I’ve never seen anyone post pictures of them but I’ve also never had a car nice enough to get Weathertech, lol. Trying to decide.

I couldn’t find much differences between Weathertech and Weathertech HP, just that HP is softer and doesn’t sound so hard and plasticky when stepping on it. Does the non-HP not have the little grippy pegs on the bottom?
Other than those two things, are the different Weathertech versions the same?
Not sure but for a $15 premium I would stick with the newer HP version

Users who are viewing this thread

Back