5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrade & add speakers to base 2019 ram v6 quad cab

Undaground

Reaction score
So I would like to upgrade my speakers and add an amp to my 2019 base bighorn ram truck. I seem to have the red head step child ram bieng a base quad cab v6 with very few bells and whistles. I don't have the anc module under the driver seat and I don't have a sub in the back of my rear seats but I do have the 8.4 screen. I have read people upgrade to all infinity reference speakers which I may do.

What speakers would you guys recommend? Also I do have a good 10 in sub but no idea what sub box to utilize and any suggestions on adding an amp to power the sub would help. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

sidus649

Reaction score
I recently upgraded mine because I was in the same boat. I had a the basic of basic speakers with my 22 Lonestar and couldn't take it anymore.

These are what I got on a Black Friday deal from Crutchfield, upgraded all four speakers and two tweeters up front for ~$250:

I have the ANC module in mine, but I didn't touch the thing at all to put these in. My wife who never pays attention to any of this stuff noticed a complete difference in sound quality as well. Installation starts to get a little weird if you want to install an amp or sub in the truck, but since you don't have the ANC module it seems like it would almost be easier for you to do if you did go that route.

That being said, these things are amazing on their own, and because they're so good, I'm not even gonna bother adding anything else.

This is the video I used to install them, it was easy once I got the hang of it.

If you do install them yourself, follow this and be patient and you'll be just fine. The door panels take a little more pressure than you think to get off. The biggest thing I recommend is before you completely put the thing together, make sure the wiring and harness they give you is tucked away in a safe place. I had to take the doors apart multiple times because I was stupid and didn't realize that the window was hitting the wires and pulling them out of their connectors.

Hope this helps!

Undaground

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. I will definitely look into these speakers. The video link isn't working for me. Mind posting or pming the link again?

sidus649

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't see the reply sooner. I'm posting here and DMing.:

Users who are viewing this thread